[12] Fight or Flight

As Travis stood, Lucy felt like throwing up. "Well Lucy, if you needed some fresh air you could have always asked and we'd let you, but now it's time to get back inside." His last sentence was said like an order.

"No." Lucy whispered.

"Oh?" Travis was shocked. "Lucy don't be stupid, if you come back now I won't tell Sean what happened." The blonde mage stood her ground. Travis raised an eyebrow. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way."

The mage turned around and looked at the blue cat, she quickly mouthed the words get ready and turned back around. Travis looked annoyed. "So?"

She stood there for a second. Then quickly turned and ran to the cat. Happy's wings appeared and he scooped Lucy up into the air and flew the opposite way from the temple. The male mage laughed, "bad decision!" He shouted putting his hand in the air. A dark orb came to his hand and he shot it up into the air. It reached right behind the escaping duo and disappeared. Lucy was confused until she saw what he was doing. A dark crack appeared in the sky and grew large until the sky seemed to break and a hole formed. Evil creatures flew out from the portal and Travis shouted "get them!" The monsters almost seemed like robots and flew towards their targets.

"Happy fly faster!" Lucy exclaimed trying to hang on to the small paws. The fairy tail mages were as high as the clouds in the sky. Lucy realized that they were above the town where Team Natsu had first encountered Travis and his friends.

"What.." Happy said shaking. "Were in k'alon..."

"Happy you got this, just follow those train track and we can make it back to magnolia!" The blonde was determined.

The monsters flew far to close for comfort. One had sharp spikes that protruded from its back, the other two had sharp tails and its mouth drooled with poison. The blue cat flew as fast as it could, though the extra weight wasn't helping.

One of the monsters shot spikes at the mages and barely missing. A spike hit right into Lucy's ankle, shooting a sharp pain up into her body. The blonde screamed in pain. "Lucy are you ok?!" Happy looked down worried.

"I'm fine!" She exclaimed gasping for air. "Just keep going!"

The cat nodded. "I'm going to give it all I got!" They we're almost out of the city As he said it he seemed to glow a bright white and shot through the sky like a shooting star. The monsters grew farther and farther away.

Happy finally started to slow down reaching the last few mountains of the escape. "Lucy I'm gonna have to land VERY soon."

The the spike that shot into her ankle had started to take a toll on her. The poison had carried up her leg into the rest of her body, she felt as if she blinked she could go to sleep. "Were... were almost there."

The blondes eyes widened.

The sky started to crack again. It seemed to get bigger and bigger. "Happy...."

It bursted open and a dark light flashed through the sky. It was one of Travis's monster but it was bigger, scarier and way more dangerous. Lucy started to tear up with fear.

" if I look back I'm gonna crash so tell me which way to avoid the monster!" Happy advised.

She agreed and looked back. The monster shot spikes from its mouth too it's target. Lucy almost couldn't even see it, it went too fast. She realized that they wouldn't be able to dodge the poison and swallowed her fear. "Fly up!" Lucy exclaimed and happy quickly obliged. The spike shot right into Lucy's left thigh. She screamed in pain.

"Lucy are you ok?" The blue cat called down.

"Keep going!"

They were almost over the mountain, almost to magnolia.

Two more spikes shot from its mouth, the first missed them to the right but the second seemed to be coming right at them. Lucy had now began to fall asleep, her legs were numb and her brain couldn't think straight. The spike hit Happy right in the wing.

The blue cat gasped as he took a nose dive right into the mountain. The last thing Lucy saw was the city.

but in the distance, the fairy tail guild stood tall. It was so close yet, so so far away.
_______________________________

Natsu heard the faint footsteps come from down the hall. His mind swirled with scenes that might happen.

The blonde male stood in front of him. "Travis..

"Hello...Nathan?"

"It's Natsu." The salamander assured.

"Ah Natsu, I have some good and bad news for you!" Travis had on a devious smirk that made the fairy tail mage skin jump. "Which do you want to hear first?"

The mage kept quiet.

Travis frowned, then smiled again. "How about if I tell you the news was about Heartfilla?"

The pink haired boy clenched his fists and gave a death glare. "What. Bad. News."

The enemy glared back. "Well, The bad news is that your blonde friend is going to suffer major punishments for what she has done."

Natsu tried to run for the metal bars at the end of the cage but was chained down to the floor. "Don't touch a hair on her head!"

The blonde smiled. "She has escaped."

The salamanders heart had dropped. Something about that he couldn't believe. "W-ha-"

"The blue cat." He sighed. "It was your little blue cat."

Natsu took a deep breath of relief, but Travis quickly shot back. "But don't worry, you remember Eric don't you? His magic is called torture, so however many days she's gone is how many days of torture she'll undergo. We haven't decided on whether or not to include you in it though."

Natsus hair had covered his eyes. Travis suddenly felt uneasy. The fairy tail mage looked at him."Go to hell..."

"Oh?" The blonde exclaimed.

Natsu lifted his head. "She will never come back here knowing your here. She knows I can't escape just fine."

Travis laughed. "Oh your so stupid, I see how she looks at you. Your completely seeing it wrong, that's the only reason she is going to come back, because your here."

_______________________________

What ever happened to Lucy and Happy?!

What's gonna Natsu do to escape?!

Find out in next chapter [13] Saved