[14] Realizations

before we start, it would make my day if you could vote and comment if you enjoyed, thank you <3

The luminous pink and red sun had set on magnolia. White fluffy clouds had split and now roamed the sky alone. Stars awoke from their slumber and now danced in the sky with the moon. Under the last bits of light the mages stepped onto the train. Other then the rustling of the trains or the small humming, it was quiet. In the small booth on the train Lucy and Wendy had taken the window seats. Jen, Ezra and, Gray followed them taking their seats. No one talked. It wasn't because they had a reason, they just didn't know what to say. The conductor yelled for the last call and minutes later the train moved out of the station. Happy sat on Lucy's lap. He had bandages on his head and legs from barely escaping Travis. Finally Wendy had spoken up. "What's the plan?"

Ezra sighed. "Well, our main objective is to get Natsu, avoiding the enemies as much as possible."

Gray looked confused. "Why? Can't we just kill them?"

"We aren't trying to get anyone else hurt right now, masters orders." The redhead replied.

The ice mage rolled his eyes, closing them to try and fall asleep. Wendy petted Charla, "Who's doing what?" She asked.

Ezra had taken a bag from under her seat. The group thought it was just some of her luggage, but she took out seven bracelets. A clear gem sat in the middle with a small button next to it. "Everyone take these, master told me they would help. We will split up, if you find Natsu then push the button. When you do, the gem will light up on all the brackets and will alert all of us that Natsu is found." She passed out them all and everyone put it on. "Now, if none of find him by sunset tomorrow, we must all leave and regroup. If you run into trouble, try and not get hurt."

Lucy had gone back to staring out the window. Her necklace was still attached to her neck, making her feel useless. What if she found Natsu? What if she found Sean..? What if Natsu wasn't ok...?

What if Natsu was dead?

Her eyes opened with fear. He has to be ok, she thought to herself. Lucy hadn't told her friends about how she could use some type of magic without her keys, or that she couldn't control it anyway. Her mind flashed back to because Sean threatened to hurt Natsu, the weird power activated. She realized that the power that helped her escape could also protect Natsu.

The train sped through the mountains. A few more hours and they would reach their destination. Jen glared at Lucy, she saw pain in her eyes.

Don't worry Lucy.... I won't let them hurt you.

_______________________________

"Sean." Travis pranced over to his comrade with a sly smile. The boys stood in the large room with the energy ball in the center. It had grown twice its size since before they had caught Lucy. The twelve tablets surrounded it each holding a golden plate.

"What do you need?" Sean responded glancing at the blonde. Travis snapped his fingers. The air had seemed to crack, and a small portal opened up in thin air. A small creature emerged from it and landed on the mages shoulder. With another snap the portal closed and Travis petted the small monster.

"You seem lonely, why not I give you this little guy?" The blonde teased in a joking matter.

"Travis if you bring the thing near I swear to god." Sean wasn't wearing his mask, his black hair falling loosely falling between his eyes. You could tell the boys were complete opposites. Travis, the sociopath, and Sean, the loner.

"It's too bad, this poor thing will have to die then." With another snap, the creature flew into the ball of energy and it seemed to grow a fraction in size.

The black haired mage rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just use your magic so we can open this portal and continue with the plan?" He asked.

Travis ran his hands through his hair. "Trust me, I would if we could, but we're trying to open the celestial world. I can only open the mundane world and control the spirits there. So if that ball of energy were to fill up with too much of my magic, then it would open the ratchet world."

Eric and Emily had trailed into the room a minute later. The four mages stood around, wondering what to do next. "You realize they could show up at any moment?" Eric exclaimed.

"Ugh, I'm itching for a fight." Emily slid her fingers down her sword.

"In due time, patience." Travis reminded. "Lucy doesn't have her keys, therefore she is powerless."

Sean's eyes moved to meet the blondes gaze. "I don't think that's entirely true."

The mage frowned. "Please, do tell..." his voice was threatening as if signaling sean that his next few words would determine the mood.

Sean sighed, then got up from leaning on the pillar. "She was able to break out of her chains with some type of magic. I don't know how she did it, but I think that was how she escaped."

Eric gritted his teeth. "That little bitch is really gonna get it."

"We need to see how this power works so we can control it. When they come, our first priority is to get back our little gateway..." The blonde Mage briskly walked out of the room.

"Don't tell me that salamander is still alive." Sean's expression was more annoyed then curious.

"Haven't killed him yet! But I'm sure with all the pain he's experiencing right now, he'll want to kill himself just to end it all." Emily's smile was full of pure evil.

"Trust me, I knew that killing him would be too easy, no suffering... so I've decided that I will brainwash him and make him into one of us. And once he kills all of his friends, I'll return him to his normal state. Then we can watch him suffer until he takes his own life." Eric laughed at his maniacal plan.

Emily raised an eyebrow, impressed, "amazing, when are you planning on finishing this plan?"

The black haired mage began to head towards the door, slowly turning his head towards the girl.

"It's already done."

_______________________________

Oh no! What's gonna happen to Natsu?! Will the fairies be able to save him in time?

Find out next chapter [15] Come back