Chapter 9: Can't Take It

Shawn and the mystery girl sits down. Shawn asks, "How did you know this was back here?"

"I come across it one day when I was skipping class ever since then I come here to think about death, scream and hide from well assholes."

"Why think about death?"

"I've had a very hard, hard life and death would be a way to escape from it all."

"But death though? That seems pretty extreme."

"Yeah well my life has been pretty extreme."

"I understand and you don't need to tell me what's going on in your life, it's none of my business. But killing yourself is never the answer.... My mom had killed herself right in front of me. She had HIV from someone who raped her and she didn't want to live with that disease even though there are plenty of people living great lives with it. The way she did it was unexpected and of course that image I never got out of my head."

"I'm... I'm so sorry Shawn."

"It's okay. I get through it with my music. And that's why whenever someone truly wants to kill themselves I would try my hardest to make sure that doesn't happen because there's so much to live for. I'm on the fence with physician assisted suicide depending on the situation in declining fatal health or things like that. But if someone have so much to live for, they should live out their life because you never know the acquisition you'll get in life."

"Wow that's really a great motivation speech."

"You think so?" Shawn chuckles. "I only told my best friend, Danielle that. She lost her mother as well."

The mystery girl says to herself, "Yeah I know."

Shawn takes her hand, "I feel so comfortable with you already and it doesn't feel weird at all."

"I know what you mean."

They look in each other eyes and they kiss. Then all of sudden Kenya cell phone rings. Shawn looks around, "What was that?"

"Oh crap!", Kenya begins to run and quickly texts Cory to meet her in the parking lot.

The mystery girl sees Kenya running away, "Oh shit, Kenya... I'm sorry, I have to go." The mystery girl takes her heels and runs away.

"Wait!" Shawn runs after her. "Wow she's fast."

Kenya finds Cory, she hops in the car and they screech away.

The mystery girl is standing outside wondering how is she going to beat them home on a bus, then by a miracle an old friend of her mother pulls up, "Is that you Aiyana?"

"Oh my God, Bill! You don't know how happy I am to see you." Aiyana gets in the car, "Step on it please."

Shawn gets outside but it's too late, he sees the taxi speed off, "I don't even know your name."

"You look nice Aiyana."

"Thanks." A limo comes up beside the taxi. "Oh shit, that's Kenya. Hurry up, Bill!"

Cory looks at the tux in defeat, "I still can't believe you made me spill juice on this tux. It's rented you know."

"You're such a baby." Kenya looks out the window. "Hey there goes Bill. Why is he driving so fast?"

"How the fuck I'm supposed to know or care?"

"Shut up." Kenya notices he's driving into Georgetown, their neighborhood when he lives all the way in Clinton, Maryland.

Aiyana beats them home. "See ya around, Bill." Bill drives off. "All right, I've got to hurry up", she says rushing in the house trying to take off the dress she had on but she stops in mid motion when she hears his voice.

"Hurry up for what Aiyana?", he says drinking a beer and stepping out of the kitchen.

"Oh no reason."

"You look hot in that dress", he says as he gets closer to her.

"Um thanks", Aiyana turns towards the stairs but he steps in front of her.

"Where you think you're going?"

"To my room."

He grabs her by her neck and lifts her up onto a nearby dresser. He rips the bottom half off her dress then tries to pull her underwear to the side but with her fidgeting around, it seemed impossible. He was frustratingly surprised at her fighting back against him and squeezes her neck even harder trying to make her still. She's fidgeting because a few inches over to the side and there's a small already opened pocket knife.

When he finally moves her underwear to the side cutting her inner thigh, she reaches for the knife and stabs him over and over again in the neck, face, chest, hands, head until he goes down. Aiyana is immediate state of shock; she doesn't move at all. Kenya and Cory comes in the door seeing their father hemorrhaging on the floor and after a while he dies on the scene while Cory is holding him. 

Kenya cries screaming, "You bitch! You bitch! You killed my father! You killed my father you fucking bitch!"

 Even though Aiyana is still in her state of shock, she climbs down off the dresser and goes upstairs. 

#JustWriteIt