Nine

"But that's absurd Hermione. I know she was married to a Death Eater, and quite honestly could be a Death Eater herself, but what about all the crap we went through with her and Draco barely two years ago? Why would she go to great lengths to prove Draco's innocence, and that she had changed, to turn it all around again?" asks Ron.

"We don't know Ron. Draco only knows what he saw that night. He said he was outside, getting some water from the well and he heard voices. He knows his mother's voice. She was talking about how the plan may need to change. He said he tried to get close enough to hear what it was about but he didn't want to risk getting caught." I reply.

"But, Hermione honestly it doesn't make sense. If she is the leader, she knew about the plan to get Draco. Why didn't she warn the other Death Eaters?" asks Harry.

"That's the first thing I said to Draco. But he knows what he saw." I reply.

"Wait, saw? I thought he only heard her?" asks a confused Ron.

"He told me he had been standing close by for a few minutes, one of the Death Eaters had been standing in front of her, and so he couldn't see her at first. When the Death Eater moved, he saw that his mother's head was protruding from some sort of outdoor fire." I explain.

"She must have some major plan, I mean so stand by her son during his trial, and buy you both an apartment, and then have him kidnapped and blame you, that's either some sort of evil genius, or some seriously messed up issues." Says Ron.

"We need to inform Shacklebolt!" exclaims Harry. He rushes to get his coat from the stand by the door. We are at the Leaky Cauldron, Shacklebolt had Barry escort us here.

"He isn't here though. We were told not to leave this room. Besides, with that lunatic just doors down from my parents, I don't think leaving them alone with her around is a good idea." I argue.

"Well then, we'll have to go Narcissa on it, and contact him through the fireplaces. We'll use fire talk. Ron, can you stand guard by the door? Make sure nobody can hear anything?" asks Harry.

"Of course." Replies Ron.

Within the next few minutes, Harry has contacted Shacklebolt. As it is Harry who is speaking to Shacklebolt, I can't hear what Shacklebolt replies. After a few minutes of speaking hurriedly, Harry pulls himself from the fireplace.

"Well? What did Shacklebolt say?" I ask immediately.

"Well he wasn't so believing at first, just like us, but now he is starting to think that it kind of lines up." He replies.

"What do you mean?" asks Ron as he abandons his post by the door.

"Well, for one thing, how she is always edgy around everyone, especially you, Hermione. Secondly, nobody ever sees her, we all assumed she was locked up in that house of hers, but perhaps she wasn't?" says Harry.

I don't need any more convincing, I believed Draco, but this makes sense.

"She's acting like she does around me because she wants to keep eyes off of her, trying to shift the blame so that everyone is distracted on me, rather than her." I conclude.

"That and the fact that she obviously feels guilty, I mean it's her son for crying out loud!" adds Ron.

"Did Shacklebolt say anything else? About what they plan to do?" I ask.

"He thinks it is best not to let on anything, he thinks that if she knows that we know, she may do something drastic. They are going to keep an eye on her, discreetly." Replies Harry.

I feel my stomach twisting into yet another knot. "I need to see my parents. I need to warn them." I say. "Hermione, he told us not to leave the room. Nobody will get into your parents room." Says Harry.