Ouch

James' POV

We swam for over an hour and she was smiling from ear to ear. Her eyes were sparkling a light green. We hopped out and laid on the picnic blanket and star gazed. "Are we friends now May?" I asked as she stared at the sky. "Yeah." She said changing her gaze to meet mine. I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend but I know she doesn't feel the same. I guessed i was thinking for longer than I thought because when I looked at her again she was asleep I'm my arms. I dozed off with her in my arms, when we were both scared awake. There was s rustling in the bushes and it was extremely dark. The noise came again an this time followed by a heavy splash of water and a scream. "Help me." It was May! A light flashed and I jumped in the water. "May!" I heard a voice behind me call, it was Jack. He turned on his lantern illuminating the whole clearing. He jumped in after me and managed to get there before me. Of course I can't swim very well. He carried her bridal style out of the water to reveal a nasty cut down her leg. "May." I said rushing to her side I got no response. "Is she dead?" I asked my voice shaking. "I'm sorry May I didn't mean to scare you." Jack said touching her face.

A/N PLEASE LIVE MAY!!!! Jk it's my story so I know if she lives or DIES 😏😏😏😅. Don't worry. Sorry it's short but I need some suspense for the next chapter. She'll be fine....... I think