S'mores!!

May's POV

After breakfast jack said he needed to talk. "I'm sorry I was acting childish... Its just he spent the night here and you made that breakfast for him and well..." I cut him off. "You were jelly weren't you?"
"Yeah a bit... I'm sorry I was going all yandere on you."
"It's ok. Hug?" I asked and he hugged me. I laid my head on his shoulder and he gave me a peck on the cheek. "Thanks for being understanding." He said gripping my hand before planting a kiss in my hand and leaving. I walked him out and everyone else left except James. "You can't stay here forever." I said turning to James. "Then what can we do?" James said picking up some dirty dishes from the table. "I don't know. Destroy the items?" I said as I started washing dishes. "would it work?" He asked. I just shrugged. We gathered our relics, me holding his so our fate wasn't sealed and we walked to the community fire pit. Luckily no one was there! I threw the relics in and he layered wood on top. Striking a single match, the match gently fell through the air and lit the wood causing a rush of warmth  to fly into the air. I sat down realizing what I just did. "S'more?" James asked handing me a stick with a marshmallow stabbed on the end. I chuckled. "What? Wouldn't you make s'mores over a fire fueled by your destiny?" He said with a stupid grin. "Well no." I answered honestly.

"Dam it!" He said again as he pulled his marshmallow out fire, burnt agin. "Here." I said as I pulled a perfectly browned marshmallow out of the flame. "Thanks." I laughed a bit.

James POV

I don't know how she makes them so perfect. I left the marshmallow 'cooking' to her. "Want another?" She asked and I nodded. She frowned "no more. There aren't any marshmallows left."  She said. We hung out for a bit by the dying fire. She laid her head on my shoulder and I swear my heart almost beat out of my chest. Once the fire died she got in her knees. "Gotta make sure they are gone." She said digging through the ash. "Dam it!!!" She growled, she picked up soot  coated relics. The only thing that did burn was the string of my necklace. She placed them in the marshmallow bag and placed that in my backpack. "I'll carry it." She said and we started hiking back. She had some soot on her face. "May you got so soot in your face." She tried to get it and failed. "Here I got it." I cleaned it off her face and she blushed a bit. She signed thanks. And I signed welcome. We walked for a bit till we ran into...