Chapter Eight

There was a school party coming up. Chloe had been going on at Max to hire a DJ. Max had refused so Chloe called him stingy and she vowed that she would persuade him into it.

That morning, Chloe was lying awake in bed. Madison was lying awake in her moses basket next to where Chloe was. She was still a little weak but she was getting better. Madison started babbling so Chloe picked her up and smiled. "Shh baba, you'll wake daddy," Chloe whispered to the little baby girl. "A waked up daddy isn't a happy daddy."
Chloe had no idea Max was awake and listening. "I'm awake."
"Ah!"
Max smirked and kissed Chloe's bare back.
"I need to feed Madison," Chloe said. Max laid back.
"Go ahead."
Chloe smirked and shook her head.

Taitlyn woke up to her little boy crying. She sighed and got up. She looked a mess and hadn't been to school in ages. She hadn't ate properly. Her parents weren't helping her with anything. She was close to breaking down. She knew she needed to tell someone. She fed her little boy through her chest and text Chloe.
Chloe saw Taitlyn's text. "Poor little thing."
"What?"
Chloe showed him the text message. "She'll be fine,"Max said.
Chloe smiled and once she fed Madison, she put her in the moses basket and Max sat up again. "You want a DJ?"
"Yeah."
Max smirked and kissed her. "Prove to me you should have one."

Aubree saw her little sister Grace jumping in her cot. "What you doing?"
"Bounce! Where my sandich?" Grace asked.

Chloe and Max eventually went downstairs. "I've got a feeling something bad will happen today," Chloe mumbled.
"Like what?"
"I don't know but I do love you," Chloe said.
Max smiled and kissed her.
"Should we see Taitlyn before we go?" Max asked. Chloe nodded. She got the kids to get ready early.

Taitlyn got Luke changed and downstairs. Her parents glared at her. Luke tried to grab Tom's tie.
"Don't!" Tom screamed. Luke burst out crying. Taitlyn ran upstairs with him.

Chloe rang the doorbell and saw Charlotte getting ready with the kids.
"Is Taitlyn coming in today?" Max asked.
"No," Charlotte said.
"Can I see her?" Chloe asked.
"No," Tom replied. Max was getting angry at Tom.
"Tom. She text Chloe."
"No. We'll see you at the school."

Chloe glared at Tom. "You're a jerk."
"Grow up!"

Chloe and Max drove to school. They saw Charlotte and Tom arriving. Charlotte walked over to them. "How's Madison?"
"Fine."
Charlotte smiled. "She's cute."
"Yeah."

Chloe was walking through the school. Max came up to her. "DJ is hired."
"Babe, you're the best."
Max kissed her. "Remember babe, I love you."
"I know Chloe."
Luke was whining in his cot. Taitlyn didn't know what was wrong or what he wanted. Her parents never helped her. She got her phone and rang Chloe.

Chloe was in the staff room alone. Everyone was teaching. Her phone rang and she saw Taitlyn's number.
"Tails, aren't you in school?" Chloe asked.
"No. They didn't take me. Coco I don't know what's wrong with Luke. I can't do this. Mike has gone back to the army and mummy and daddy won't help me. My siblings aren't allowed near me. I'm scared," Taitlyn said. She was in hysterics.
"Sweetie, I'm coming now," Chloe said. She hung up and ran to the car. She drove to the house. She noticed Taitlyn was locked in. She found the spare key under the mat and opened the door.

Chloe closed the door and ran upstairs. Luke was crying and whining. Taitlyn was trying to calm him. Chloe noticed that Taitlyn hasn't washed in ages. Her room was a mess and so was she. Luke wasn't much better.
"Sweetie have you fed him?" Chloe asked. Taitlyn nodded. She took Luke and felt his nappy was full. "I think he needs his nappy changed and a bath. So do you. When was the last time you two ate?"
"I don't know CoCo. Help me," Taitlyn begged. Chloe went and ran a bath. She couldn't believe what Tom was doing. She was taking Taitlyn to school with Luke and finding out what the hell Tom and Charlotte were playing at.

Chloe drove back to the school. She had Taitlyn with her. "Tails, you go into the creche. I'll be right behind you."
"Okay."
Chloe smiled. "Tails, I love you."
"Love you too CoCo."

Chloe sat in her car and sighed. She heard a loud screech but before she could react, her car was sent crashing into the school.
Aubree saw Taitlyn and Luke.
"Are you okay?" Aubree asked. Taitlyn shrugged. Aubree heard a screech and she ran down the stairs. The truck crashed into her. She felt a pain her legs.

Max heard a smash and ran down to see what it was. Chris and Eddie followed. Tom walked towards the crèche and saw Taitlyn in there with Luke. He stormed in.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Tom spat. Taitlyn was scared. She held Luke close to her. Luke was asleep.
"C-Chloe came to bring me."
"That stupid cow."
Taitlyn glared. "Leave me alone!"
Tom went over to Taitlyn and grabbed her. "You're a disappointment!"
"I'm not!"

Max saw the truck and Aubree. "Aubree!"
"D-Daddy, it came from there!"
Eddie helped Aubree but she collapsed in pain. "I-I can't feel my legs."

Charlotte had gotten the kids out. She saw something on the floor so she walked over. It was Chloe's phone smashed. Charlotte went to find Max. She needed to know Chloe was with him.
Max was looking for Chloe. When he saw Charlotte he tried not to cry. They ran outside and saw Chloe unconscious. Max called an ambulance while trying to get his wife out.

Tom slapped Taitlyn. He stormed out. Taitlyn wanted to die. She wanted to go. She text her mummy.
"Tell CoCo I love her and I'm sorry. Take care of Luke. When Mike comes back pass him over to him - T"
She turned her phone off and set Luke in the crèche. She ran to the roof and sat at the edge. She was unaware what was happening around the back of the school.

Eddie held Aubree. "Where's my mummy?" She asked. She needed to know everything would be okay."
"She'll be here soon. She's helping."

Taitlyn couldn't end her life. She didn't want to leave her son.

They had gotten Chloe out. She was unconcious. "You're a right clumsy cow," Max said. He wouldn't lose Chloe.
"Ambulances are here."
Max lifted Chloe up. He took her to the ambulance. "She was in the crash."
They got Chloe on to a stretcher. They got her into the ambulance. Max went with her. Charlotte ran to Aubree.

Aubree was in hysterics. The paramedics were working on her.
"It's going to be okay," Charlotte said. Aubree held Charlotte's hand tightly. Eddie stayed by her side.

Taitlyn jumped off the roof and fell to the ground as another ambulance pulled up. They ran to Taitlyn.

Lillie saw what was happening. She went to the crèche and found Luke and Madison. She put them in their carries. Her siblings came in and helped her. They went to the car. Tom glared at them.
"No. Leave Luke and let's go," Tom said. They refused to get into the car - Max's kids too. Charlotte walked over and saw what was happening. She didn't know about Taitlyn.
"Where is she?" Charlotte asked Tom. Luke cried. Charlotte held him. "Where's my baby girl?" Charlotte screamed.
"S-She jumped."
"NO!"
Tom said nothing. He didn't care anymore. Taitlyn had hurt him when she got pregnant. "Get in. Chloe and Aubree need us," Tom said.
"No Tom."

Max went with Chloe while Eddie went with Aubree. She had said she wanted her dad to stay with her mum. "Grandad, it hurts so badly."
"Shh, it's gonna be fine."

Chloe was taken to ICU. She had been losing a lot of blood. Max refused to lose her. He had threated them with private help.Taitlyn was coming around. She looked around and didn't see any of her family. She wanted to go again. She took out the drip and started to go out of consciousness when a nurse ran in.

Charlotte watched as Tom drove off. She looked at all the kids. Steph ran out with Jo.
"We'll give you all a lift," Jo said. Charlotte thanked them. They got into the cars. Charlotte held Luke. He was crying for Taitlyn. Charlotte got Taitlyn's phone out of her bag. She felt bad for how she treated her daughter. She wanted to make it up to her.

Charlotte handed the phone to Lillie.
"Sweetheart ring the army and get a direct call to Mike," Charlotte said. She dialled out the number. She was going to divorce Tom.