1

"Kid!" Han called as he walked into Luke's room. He had been so glad when Luke had returned, but his joy was dampened when he realised that something was wrong. Luke wasn't himself; he seemed sadder, almost haunted, and while Han didn't know why, he was determined to find out. So when Luke had left the party early, Han had followed him. He was going to find out the truth. If anyone had hurt him, Han would find them. No one could do this to Luke. Not on his watch.

After about a minute with no reply, Han opened the door and walked in to find Luke sitting curled up on the floor, silent tears streaming softly down his face. Han's heart broke. Luke was so sweet, so innocent, in spite of the hard, cruel galaxy he lived in. This war had already taken so much, but now it was taking Luke. And Han couldn't deal with that.

He stepped forwards and sat down by Luke, who moved his gloved hand that he'd been hiding his face behind. Concerned hazel eyes met tear-filled baby-blue ones as Luke acknowledged Han's presence.

"What's wrong?" Han asked.
"Nothing," Luke said, obviously lying.
"So you're just crying in a corner for no reason?" Han said, some of his usual brashness falling into place. He didn't mean for it to happen, it was just a reflex. He really cared about Luke and he wanted to help, but he couldn't if Luke wouldn't talk to him.

Admittedly, Han wasn't the best at dealing with emotions (his own or other people's) and so he tended to struggle in the tact department when it came to conversations like this.
"I'm sorry kid, I'm just not very good with this sort of stuff," he said. Luke made a sound that could have been a laugh, a snort, a sob, or all three.
"No kidding," Luke said quietly, but he was smiling. Evidently he understood Han's awkwardness in these situations.
"So will you tell me what's wrong?" Han asked again, considerably softer and less forceful.
"It's kind of a long story..." Luke said, seeming reluctant to go on any more.
"I've got time." As much as Han wanted to be supportive, he also needed to know what was wrong. Not to mention the fact that he was burning with curiosity. Luke sighed defeatedly, and Han knew he had won. Wiping his eyes, Luke sat up.

"It started at Bespin," he said.