9

An anxious Leia hurried through the forest. She'd finally finished her meeting with the Alliance High Command to find out that her brother was in the medbay on a Rebel ship. She had no idea what condition he was in; he could be dying for all she knew, and she had been too preoccupied with business and meetings to be there with him when he arrived.

She broke into a sprint when the ship was in sight, fuelled by the same fear and adrenaline that would power her in battle, except this fear was for her brother.

A thought suddenly struck her. Her brother. If Leia really had the Force powers that Luke claimed she did, maybe she could sense if he was alright. She focused on her bond with Luke and reached out. She could sense... something. A life force ahead; Luke's life Force. He seemed weaker and considerably sadder, but he was definitely alive.

If she focused a little harder, she could sense another presence. Han. He was harder to feel because he wasn't Force-sensitive, but Leia had spent enough time with him to recognise his presence. She was relieved to know that Han was there with him, that whatever Luke was upset about, he didn't have to face alone.

After reaching the ship, she bolted through the entryway. No one attempted to stop her; she was well-recognised amongst the troops and no one wanted to interrupt an obviously distressed Princess Leia. She sped down the corridors she'd memorised long ago, feeling the signatures of her two best friends growing closer with every step.

Within less than five minutes, Leia had made her was to the medbay. She had to bypass a few medical droids in order to go inside, but given her status on the High Command, combined with the fact that the patient was her brother, she was quickly granted access.

As she stood outside the door, Leia sensed a sudden surge of emotions through the Force. Luke, though still plagued by an underlying sadness, was suddenly happy too, happier than Leia had seen of sensed him in a long time. Han, too, seemed happier, though for him it was borderline elation. Curious, Leia opened the door.

She looked on to find a battered Luke Skywalker and a battle-worn Han Solo passionately snogging like there was no tomorrow.

Leia stood in the entrance and smiled.