Chapter Eighteen

A/N: okay so zoie or zoweehhh or smtg wont be updating for me anymore since it is nearly the end of school year and we wont be seeing much often. Though i thank her for her hard work in typing every chapter for me on school days. THANK YOU ZOIE! She's also the reason why you get to read some of the chapters in advance and yeah. For Deanne, she did a great job. But it wasn't her passion since one time i asked her to edit my punctuations and also everything, she misread that Luke was wearing sun glasses while driving... THERE WERE NO SUN OR ANYTHING BECAUSE THAT WAS NIGHT TIME. But i do appreciate both of their work and yeah so, you both got the thank you's both of you deserve. ENJOY CHAPTER 18:)

As we stood up and left our now empty bucket of chicken, Niall push the door open and

"Wow." I mutter. The cold breeze hits the both of us as I inhale the freezing air of October.

"I know." Niall smiles. Looks like he likes the not-that-cold air here unlike in England, like what he said. For me, I never got used to the breeze, it's just as confusing as my life choices right now. Sometimes it'd go high, low, mid, really it would.

Something about his smile is, something isn't the same. From all the months he dealt with his braces, the old one? I kinda miss it. But damn, he still looks good. It's either between him looking cute or looking hot as fuck with his to fall for smile.

His hand rests behind the small of my back which I dont think it meant that way. There is something behind it. A reassuring way that he'll be there no matter what, that I'm safe around him. Something about it felt new. I never had much girl friends. Maybe, Mary and Amanda but that's it. I never dreamt of having a clique or be part of a sorority in college either.

Niall's words pulled me out from my thoughts as we both stop to a halt in a bright and warm apartment.

"This is it-- sorry if I had to make you go for a walk. My tires are busted and are in for a repair." He assist me to the entrance with his hand still resting behind my back.
We were both silent as we wait for the elevator to make a ding, signaling we've reached the destined floor.

"You know.." He says, walking slower. I go slow as well, keeping my pace the same as his. "You could always tell me anything. Did you know I have a degree in phycology and a specialization in behavior and emotions?"

"Really?" I ask

"Yeah, and right now I can see that you've been thinking too much lately due to you always zoning out on me while we were eating." He chuckles and I hit his arm. We stop to his room door and inserts the key that he's been jingling together with the others.

We face an open concept of his apartment. Mostly all white and neutral colors,

"Get comfortable." He removes his coat and hangs it in the rack together with his other coats.

I start to feel something vibrating in my pocket. Luke's definitely calling. Who else would it be? Instead of answer him I turned my phone off.

"Your place is cozy, I like it." I smile as I nosily peek around. "Thank you for having me Niall."

"It's no biggie." He enters a room, probably his bedroom or something. I sat on the sofa and the way I felt sitting on it, like I was going to be sucked in due to the very soft cushion.

Niall soon came back and him being Irish, offered me something to drink. An alcoholic drink. But I insisted water.

He placed two glasses, mine filled with transparent liquid and his smelt like beer on the coffee table. He jumps on the spot beside me on the couch. How much I've missed our play dates when we were younger.

"You know what, I'm ordering pizza. And it's gonna be Hawaiian and pepperoni." Damn this guy doesn't get full.

"Hawaiian?" I question

"Yeah why? Isn't that your favorite?" He asks, bringing away his phone from his mouth as he spoke.

"No it's-- it's just that..." Tears started to occupy the vacant space in my eyes and makes my vision blurry. I am very emotional, too emotion today. If you didn't know what i was going through, you'd think of me as bipolar with all the mood swings I receive from the drama thats surrounding me right now.

Niall scoots closer and rubs my back comfortingly. Something I remember him doing before when we were kids. Whenever I hyperventilate, Niall would just rub my back and hum this song-- i dont even remember. He was the one who could make my breathing normal, even the clinic nurse didn't know how they'd bring my normal breathing process back.

Even if I wasn't hyperventilating yet, Niall knows that if I cry too hard I'd still go to that stage.

"I dont know why b-but" I stutter, my sobs getting in between my words. "Before mom died, we ate pizza together in a pizza par-parlor and" I inhale deeply, getting in all the air I can hold and let it go. "I just miss her." It wad something emotional for me. That precious moment that I cannot return. She isn't always home, she works her ass off unlike Luke, thankfully he has his office at home and the company he works at doesn't require him to be present there everyday.

I continued sobbing with a quantity of tears. Considering To just tell him since he's been me before and during when Luke came  to my life.

"You're probably going to judge and look at me differently after this but- i want you to listen and tell me what I should do because I'm completely lost." I breathe, my voice quite inaudible.

Anyway ill try my best to update since there is a ton of things to be done for school like im going to dieeeeee ok ty for reading💕

Vote, comment and share