Chapter 11

Calvin Knox's P.O.V.

"Mukha ka ng tanga kakangiti, promise!" Biglang saad ni Alex.

I didn't mind him. I'm happy, is that a crime?

"Man, tang ina! Will you stop smiling! Nakakairita na ha!" Si Johnson.

"Bakit ba? Will you shut the fuck up?! And mind your own fucking business?" I told him.

"Hayaan niyo na. Inlove eh." I looked at Ezekel wearing his famous smirk. Damn cousin!

Tsk! Crazy friends+crazy cousins= crazy life. The hell?!

Ellen Lewis P.O.V

"He really told you that?!" Exagerated na saad ni Jewel.

"Ilang beses mo na ba yang tinanung?" Si Elizabeth naman.

"I guess, you should give him a chance, girl. Wala namang mawawala, dba?" Saad naman ni Jane.

"Jane's right. He's a great guy and everyone knows that." Si Rosalynn naman.

"What if he does the same? What if he's just playing with me? What if--" Jewel raised her hand signaling me to stop.

"Will you stop being so negative? Kung palagi kang ganyan. Ikaw na rin mismo ang masasaktan." She stated.

"But I can't help it. Pare parehas lang din naman sila." Napangalumbaba kong saad.

Napatingin naman sila saakin.

"Bakit? Sino ba kasing nagsabing i-try mo silang lahat?" Nakataas kilay na saad ni Jane.

"Girl, don't live with what if's kasi yun mismo ang sisira sayo. Hindi mo alam, yung guy na yun is the guy you've been looking for." Si Elizabeth.

"And you have to move on. You've been living with hurt for a very long time. Moving on doesn't mean forgetting. It means you choose happiness over hurt." Saad ni Rosalynn sabay tayo.

"We will always be here whatever decision you came up with." At sabay sabay na kaming umalis ng gym.

I guess, I'll give him a chance. I have to think of myself this time.

Calvin Knox's P.O.V

"Alex! I need your help." He just looked at me unbelievabably.

"Don't look at me like that, you moron." He just laugh at my remark. Bwisit to.

"Ano ba kasi yun?"

"Haharanahin ko si Lewis sa bahay nila and I need all your help." I looked at them. They just give me a 'are you serious?' Look.
"Damn people! Of course I am." And left them.

I sat down and started thinking a song that suits her.

I smiled at that thought. Haharanahin ko siya. It is my first time and I wish I wouldn't mess this up.

Fast forward...

We are already here in front of the Del Fuego's residence setting up our mini concert.

"Bro, you know, you still have to back out." I looked at Tyler.

"Will you shut up and just get ready." I can feel my body tensed. Shit! This is it!

NP: Beside you
By: Marians Trench
I started strumming the guitar.

When your tears are spent
On your last pretense
And your tired eyes refuse to close
When it's in your spine
Like you've walked a mile.

I saw her curtain in her balcony moved and heard a clash sound of a door.

And the only thing you want it just to be still for a while.
And if your heart wears thin
I will hold you up
And I will hide you
When it gets too much.

I saw her standing in the balcony wearing a night gown. She is like a fallen angel. Even though, she still wears her bedroom hair.

I smiled at her as she rub her eyes.

I'll be right beside you (2x)
When you're overwhelmed
And you've lost your breath
And the space between the things you know is blurring nonetheless.

This girl will be the death of me. I know, but it doesn't matter.

When you try to speak
But you make no sound
And the words you want are out of reach
But they've never been so loud.
And if your heart wears thin
I will hold you up
When it gets too much
I'll be right beside you (2x)
I will stay (right beside you)

She's like a princess. My princess.
Again,I smiled at her as she leaned her body in the railing.

Nobody will break you
And if your heart wears thin
I will hold you up
And I will hide you
When it gets too much
I'll be right beside you.

As I finished the song, her brother and her parents came out from their room.

"Tang ina! Tumakbo na tayo!" Sabay na saad nina Johnson at Tyler.

Sinamaan ko lang sila ng tingin. Bwisit!

"Hi tita, tito at kuya James. Good evening po." Relax na sabi ni Alex.

I guess, it's not bad after all.

"What is the meaning of this Alex?" Mrs. Del Fuego asked.

"Tita, my friend here, Calvin Knox Ford is courting your daughter from now on." And flashed his smile.

Shit! Kinakabahan ako.

Ellen Lewis P.O.V

Talagang tinutuo ni Calvin ang sinabi niyang he will do everything huh. Well, not bad for a starter.

My parents let them in.

"So, break na talaga kayo ni Aaron?" Sabi ni Kuya James

I just nod at him and smiled.

A contented and relief smile.

"That's great. And this Ford guy, is a very good guy. Wala pa naman akong nababalitaan na katarantaduhan na ginawa niya aside from being so private." Sabi niya habang pababa kami sa hagdan.

I just smiled at my kuya. I know, I will make a great decision.

Maybe it's not about happy ending, maybe it's about the story.

"How's the song and the singer,couz?" Nakangiting tanong ni Alex saakin.

"Great!" And I looked at Calvin.

"I never thought that you could sing and play a guitar." I smiled at him.

"Well, you never asked. If you want to know more about me, all you have to do is ask, Lewis." And he gave me a wide smile.

Omighad! I can feel my cheecks blushed. Damn!

"Huwag ka namang magpahalata na kinikilig ka." Bulong ni kuya.

Siniko ko lamang siya. Bwisit eh! Hmp !

No matter how much or often people hurt, loving someone is never a waste. :)♥♥