Chapter 20

Ellen Lewis P.O.V

Hindi daw ako masusundo ni Calvin kasi may dadaanan pa daw siya kaya kahit tinatamad akong mag drive, I have no choice but to drive myself to school.

I recieved a text from Jewel.

From: Jewel♥♥ (siya naglagay niyan)
Message: sometimes, we create our own heartbreaks through expectation.

Napakunot noo naman ako sa text niya. What is happening to Jewel? I never gave attention to her messages this past few days at baka drama niya lang yun but this time, parang hindi.

Binilisan ko nalamang ang pagpapatakbo at baka maabutan ko siya sa rooftop kung saan palagi siyang nakatambay.

I reached the school and hurriedly parked my car and went to the rooftop.

I slowly opened the door and saw her sitting down on the cold cemented floor.

I sat beside her and still wala siyang pakialam. I just observed her and she was like a zombie. Not the Jewel I know anymore.

"You know, wala ka naman maitatago sa akin-sa amin. Ika nga: True friends are those who can read your 'sadness' even in your happy texts." I told her that makes her looked at me.

"Ellen, isn't strange how love can be the simpliest thing ever, but also cause the most pain? And yet everyone keeps searching for it."

I knew it. Love problem.

Bumuntong hininga nalamang ako.

"You know, I watched a movie, and the girl main character also asked the same question as yours and you know what the boy main character response.." she looked at me waiting for the next.

"It is because we accept the love we think we deserve." And I looked her intently but she just looked down.

"What is the problem, Jewel? Hindi ako sanay na ganito ka." And I sat down infront of her.

I can feel her shoulders shaking. She's crying.

"Ellen, why did you love Calvin when you know, you've suffered enough pain?"

The question made me speechless for a while.

"Because I know it's gonna be worth it. Hindi naman kasi lahat ng lalaki pare pareho, right? I have to take risk so that I can obtain the happiness I wanted for so long." I told her as I hugged her tight.

"Remember what Bob Marley once said: to love is to risk, not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in my life is to risk nothing."

"Ellen, I'm in love..." nag hehesitate siyang sabihin but I gave her a reassuring smile.

"With Johnson Adams." At kanyang iniwas ang tingin.

Napanganga naman ako. She's inlove with a play boy. Hindi ako nakapagsalita and so was she. Dammit! Bakit sa dinami dami ng lalake sa school, bakit kay Johnson Fucking Adams pa? I should talk to Calvin about this.

"Johnson Fucking Adams, eh?"

She nod at me.

"Natatakot Elle na baka masaktan ako, baka hindi niya ako seryosohin, baka--"

"Hey! Hey! Relax Jewel." Hinawakan ko naman siya sa balikat niya para marelax siya.

"Why don't you give him a second chance? Everybody deserves a second chance. Let him prove him self to you." She shoke her head continously.

Humogot naman ako ng malalim na hining.

"Hindi kita pipilitin kung ayaw mo. Don't rush things." I told her and stood up and walked out from the rooftop.

She will be okay, i know.

Calvin Knox's P.O.V

"How can she possibly believe you if you're making her that she shouldn't be?" I told Johnson.

Ugh! This play boy's a pain in the ass.

"I don't know, Calvin." He shoke his head.

What a scaredy cat. Tsk!

"Kung hindi mo kayang patunayan na mahal mo talaga siya then give it up, bro. She's just wasting her time to you then." Saad naman ni Tyler. Tsk! He's really love teasing Johnson.

Bigla namang tumayo si Johnson at kinwelyuhan si Tyler. Tsk! I told you. Mangyayari to.

"Tang ina! Ito na! Ito na!" Tumingin naman ako kay Alex na pumwesto na sa gilid nila Johnson at Tyler at may hawak pang popcorn. At kung saan niya kinuha ang popcorn na kinakain niya, hindi ko din alam.

I saw Tyler smirk.

"You know me, Johnson. I can make her fall in lovr with me in just snap." Tarantadong Tyler. Hindi na ako nagtaka nang nakita ko si Tyler sa sahig at dumudugo ang gilid ng labi.

"Don't you dare Tyler. I'm telling you." Napangisi naman si Tyler.

"Kung ayaw mong mapa saakin ang 'pinakamamahal' mo, man up dude! Actually, hindi mo naman kami kailangan eh, common sense na yan . Ewan ko lang kung meron ka nun." And left us.

That's Tyler Ford for you.

"I don't want to admit but he's right, Johnson. You've got to do what a man got to do." Sabi ni Ezekel na sumunod na rin kay Tyler.

Tumayo na rin ako at tinapik si Johnson sa balikat.

"She's a keeper so you should keep her." Sabi ko and left Alex and Johnson inside the latters condo.

Hay! What a day!

I fished out my phone to see that I have 20 sms and 30 missedcalls from the same person.

Mahal calling...

I immedietly answered the phone at baka magwala pa.

"Mahal!" I said as I answered her call.
[Where the hell are you, Calvin Knox Ford?! I've been calling and texting you!"] I chuckled when she completed my name.
[Don't laugh! You moron!] Oh! She's really mad. Hahaha
"Sorry mahal. Katatapos lang namin mag usap nina Alex about Johnson's problem that I forgot my cellphone." I explained at napabuntong hininga nalamang siya sa kabilang linya. She's trying to relax her self. Hahah
[Where are you na ba kasi? My car just won't start and I don't know how to repair it. Kung my pupuntahan pa kayo, i'll just take a cab.] Oh! A'right. But wait?! Take a cab?!
"Don't you dare, Ellen Lewis Del Fuego." I told her with a strong voice.
[Kaya nga pumunta kana dito sa school. I'll wait for you, mahal. Love you.] And she hunged up before I say anything.

I immedietly went to the parking lot and started my car. Itetext ko nalang ang mga gago mamaya.