Chapter 9

Calvin Knox's P.O.V

"I saw you with Aaron earlier, what was that?" I asked Lewis.

Yes! I saw them... hugging. For petesake!

"Kayo na ba ulit?" I asked her again.

Geez! I feel like a jealous boyfriend who had been cheated.
I saw her eyes. Those black eyes. The eyes I want to see kahit magdamag. I really wont mind.

They say, People with black eyes are known to be secretive and keep to themselves around new faces until they feel comfortable. They are very passionate and loyal, especially to their friends. People with black eyes are also very intuitive and have the ability to tap into a powerful energy.

I saw her bow down her head.

"Yes." She said whispering.

"What? I can't hear you Ellen Lewis." I said with a stern voice.

"Yes Calvin. We're back together." She said.

And I know, right there and then, my world broke into million of pieces scattered around.

The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.

I laughed and felt empty inside.

"Why?" I said while looking at her.

She raised her head. "What do you mean why? I love him . Isn't that enough for me to get back to him?" I stared at her for a very long time and again. I laughed... hard.

"I don't know what's gotten into you that makes you want to come back to him, over and over again." I told as I turned my back on her.

"I love him Calvin." She stated.

I know that now. Hindi mo naman kailangan ulit ulitin dba?

"Is love enough to get back to the one who hurts you?" I looked at her again.

".. I know that this day will happen. I shouldn't be asking these things to you. You are already considering going back to that man, not because he deserves a second chance, but because lonelines has caused you to forget why you walked away in the first place." I said and walked away from her.

Some days you just have to say "screw it, I did what I could today" and just let go of all the stuff you wanted to do. Life is too short to be angry with yourself for being human.

I guess, my work here is done. Wala naman na akong magagawa kong bumalik na siya sakanya.

I just went home and locked myself to my room.

Ellen Lewis P.O.V

I don't know why but those words that Calvin said earlier was like a slapped of realization.

I've been through many heart aches because of Aaron pero I never thought na isang sorry lang ni Aaron, magbabalik lahat ng nararamdaman ko. Yung pag momove on ko sakanya, nabalewala lahat dahil lang sa isang sorry.

I heard my door opened na parang galit na galit ang nagbukas nito.

I saw Alexander Smith ranging with anger.

"What was that Ellen Lewis Del Fuego?!" He said with anger.

I guess, he already knew.

"We got back together. What's wrong with that? Don't you want me to be happy?"

"Happy?! That's the first thing I want you to feel and the last thing will be pain! I never thought that you're that stupid!" And walked out of my room.

I was sitting on the single chair when my brother entered.

"Narinig ko kayong nagsisgawan ni Alex kanina. What happened?" He asked sit down on the swivel chair beside my study table.

"We got back together kuya." I said.

He just looked at me and shoke his head. I know he's dissappointed. Everyone is.

"Are you going to say i'm stupid too?"

"Hindi ko na kailangan sabihin kasi alam nating parehas na tanga ka talaga." He said it with cold voice.

Nakaka frustrate.

"I don't know what's right already, kuya." I said with frustrated voice.

"You know what is right and choose to ignore it. It is an act of a coward." And went out of my room.

I guess, I'm a coward. I really am.
Calvin Knox's P.O.V

"Why didn't you fight for her?" Alex said. Kanina pa to.

Nakakarindi na. Hindi ba siya nagsasawa.

"I'm sorry Alex but I don't fight a losing battle." I said noncholantly.

"But you love her?"

"Indeed. But that doesn't mean I have to fight for someone, I know who's not willing to fight with me. It will just be a waste of time. And you know that." Natahimik naman siya.

"Alex, I know it's love that I am feeling for her because despite her stupidity, I still want her to be happy, even if I'm not part of her happiness." I tapped his back at nanguna na.

Ellen Lewis what kind of decisions have you done. With your decisions, maraming naapektuhan. You should atleast, be sensitive enough with what the people would feel.

Ellen Lewis P.O.V

I've been calling Aaron for how many times now but still hindi niya parin sinasagot kahit isa sa mga tawag ko. Damn Aaron ! What the hell?!

09xxxxxxxxx calling....

Without second thought. I picked it up.

[Hello. Is this Ellen Lewis Del Fuego?]
[Yes, who is this ?]
[It doesn't matter who I am. I want you to come at triple X club.]
[Why?]
[Just go.] And hunged up on me.

I entered the club without second thoughts. Dim lights. Ugh!

I was about to turned to the right when someone cover my eyes.

"Get off m-" I stopped when I smelled the perfumes. Calvin Klein. I'm safe.

"Don't turn around bella." He whispered.

"But why?" I coriously asked. What is happening?

"Just don't."

And he leaned my head to his chest. Calvin Knox Ford, what're you doing to me?
I felt that we were moving... outside the club.
He let go of me the moment we stepped out.

"What was that Calvin?" I asked him.

He just shrugged his shoulders and made his way to his car.

I followed him. Like I have a choice. I don't know anyone here.

"Again, what was that Calvin? After dragging me out of the club, you're just gonna leave me?" I saw him stopped opening his car.

"What are you doing here anyway, Ellen?" Ellen? He used to call me Lewis. What happened?

"I recieved a phone call earlier. The other line told me to get here." Iniwas ko naman ang aking tingin sakanya.

"You shouldn't have. You're just get into trouble or worst baka masaktan ka." Masaktan? Ako?

"What're you talking about, Calvin? You're talking in riddles." I looked at him. Straight to the eyes.

"It doesn't matter now Ellen. Go get back in your car and go home." And turned his back on me again.

"...and one more thing. Break up with your one hell of an asshole boyfriend." And drove off.

Ok? What was that? And why would I do that?

Umiling nalamang ako at pumunta sa sasakyan ko.