ONZE x x {EDITED}

Sephy's POV

Today, was the day Sam was going to make an announcement. I already know that he has to go somewhere, because we went shopping ad he only shops when he needs to. He and Nate had gathered all of our friends for a huge party at their house... I asked him continuously where he was going, but he never even budged. Not a even a hint, but he's very stressed for this because he wouldn't even kiss me after our date last night.

 Rachel thinks that they're dumping us and have decided to get new girlfriends; so that they can publicly dump us and introduce their new girlfriends. Both Minnie and I know that this is highly unlikely , but to be honest, it's the only explanation ... So until the big "secret" is revealed, that 'DUMP AND DITCH' theory is the only possibility.

The two boys walked into the room and smiled at everyone, they looked in our direction but ignored us, their faces dropped a bit but they continued greeting everyone else. I looked at Rachel who was mirroring my current expression of anger and sadness. It was a party and our BOYFRIENDS completely aired us. I kissed my teeth and turned to my friends; both rolled their eyes. We started to walk towards the drinks table, the only thing I need right now was a nice, ice cold drink that won't ignore me.

"What the eff was that, S?"

"Rachel, I can't even process what just happened, okay? So there's no point even talking to me about this..."

"But Persephone, I know it's something. There's som-,"

"RACHEL! LISTEN TO ME... I trust Sam and I trust Nate, and so should you, we need to must be positive and hope that nothing is wrong." after her  talking to, Rachel seemed a lot calmer. 

Well, that was until the boys quieted down the party to make their announcement.

Nate cleared his throat and started off what was going on by saying, "Ok, So as many of you know, me and Sammy-boy are planning to be big stars. And we've finally got our big break. So in 3 weeks, we're going to LA! For at least 6 months... We'd like our girls, Rachel Santiago and Persephone Garrett, to come up to us."

As Rach and I walked over to the boys, they smiled at us. But it was clear from our expressions that we weren't amused. Nate spoke first,"Rachel! My GIRL. My Homie. My wifey for lifey. Next year we start college, and I was wondering, since you're going to UCLA, if you'd consider living with me? I know, you might already have something planned out housing wise; but I want you to be with me... You know, because I love you." he mumbled the last part, but we could all still here him.

She smiled up and him and shook her head, making her long hair sway,"I'll consider it, Nate. No promises, okay?" But we all knew from the smile on her face that her answer would be yes.

They stepped off of the stage and left Samuel and I standing alone in front of everyone. He opened his mouth to speak and what came out next made me cringe so hard. It was as if all of the Instagram engagement couples have had some type of effect on him. 

"Persephone. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, you make me whole and I don't know what I would do without you. You're the first and last thing I think about in a day, and everything in between. You are my start, middle and end. And I can't imagine not waking up to you or cuddling you from behind or being the big spoon to the perfect little spoon. And I can't imagine not being with you for the rest of my life. So will you do me the honour of forever being my partner in crime?"

"No. I don't know why you would assume that just because Rachel said yes, that I would too. I'm not even out of high school yet. I told that I've planned my life out, and being a high school drop-out is not in there. I love you, I truly do, but Sam. I can't do that."

Tears were now streaming down my face and my vision was blurred. I stared at Sam's contorted face, both of us in pain. 

"Now kiss me before I change my mind, I want to make our time together last."

Sam touched my face with his large hand, and grabbed my petite fist with his; we stumbled off of the platform together and walked to his car. We sat in a comfortable silence for what felt like years, before he broke the silence with a loud, heart wrenching sob. His body shook and my heart broke. He wiped his nose along his sleeve; trying to scrub off his redness, he sniffed in the salty air and said,"How did we end up here, Seph?" 

His hands moved around in the darkness, to find mine and our warmth merged; the hairs on my spine stood up to alert, just like every time we touch. I searched for Sam's face, but couldn't make it out, so I spoke into the darkness,"I love you, Samuel. I truly do, but I can't pack up and leave my life three quarters of the way through my junior year. I can't sacrifice my life, it's not fair on me.

"And what about me, Persephone? Do I not matter?"

I choked on my words and breathed in the heavy oxygen; I felt Sam's hand tug away from mine. His entire body shifted away from mine,"Well, I guess that answers my question."

*skips awkward car ride*

"I leave next thursday, we should stay away from each other until then, I think."

"Sam, don-" but before I could finish my sentence, he'd driven away.

The only words I could utter were 'But I love you'

______________________

an epilogue is coming