prologue

Justin walked up to where his parents were seated.

"Justin dear, why does your hair look messy and why are you in minimal clothing?"

Just as Justin's mother said that, a girl walked downstairs from Justin's room and ran out the door hurriedly.

"I-" he got cut off.

"You know what? Don't answer that." His mother spoke uncomfortably.

"Look, Justin. We're going to be straightforward with this. We have given you way too many chances to get your act together and find a princess. Sadly, you haven't kept your promise and have been showing up in this castle with a new girl everyday, like an accessory." His father spoke formally.

"So, we have talked to the king and queen of Boca Raton and have agreed that their daughter, the princess, and you will get to know each other, starting tomorrow. That being said, you are banned from seeing any girl, except for her." His mother spoke nonchalantly.

Justin's jaw dropped and his eyes widened.

"M-mother, Father, you can't possibly be serious! What if she's a psychopath trying to kill me? You can't just take away my freedom like that!" He yelled in defense.

"You should've thought about that when we gave you a second chance. Now, off you go. Pick what you need to wear tomorrow and practice what you want to say. and of cource a-" His mother spoke but Justin cut her off.

"Anything but politeness and kindness is not tolerated. How many times have you said that?" He grumbled.

Before his parents could respond, he marched his way upstairs to his room angrily.

"Royalty fucking sucks." He sighed as he threw himself on his bed.

-

"Ms. Grande, your parents would like to have a word with you." Ariana's servant spoke to her through the door.

"Them them i'll be right down!" She replied in a calm manner as she freshened up in the mirror.

Ariana sat down on the chair facing her mother and father.

"Good morning mother and father, what did you want to tell me?" Ariana remembered.

"Oh sweetie, we know you haven't been in love since-" Her mother fake coughed, "The incident." She mumbled.

Ariana froze.

"And we got a sweet call from the queen and king of Wenble saying they would like you to try to get to know their son and prince, Justin." Her father spoke slowly and carefully hoping Ariana wouldn't break down right that second.

Ariana held back tears as she was reminded of the incident.

"Mother, father, I've heard people in the kingdom call him a womanizer. How do I know he won't be any worse?" She sighed while trying to calm down.

"Oh, they said he's changed and he wants to meet his true love." Her parents responded, causing Ariana to chuckle wholeheartedly at the cheesiness.

"Well, why not? I'll have a go. I might teach him some manners while I'm at it." She joked, trying to cover her fear.

Her parents chuckled at her response.

They bought the whole 'carefree' act pretty well.

'Royalty fucking sucks.'  she thought again as she continued to talk to her parents.

✧✧✧

and thats the prologue for royalty sucks! i hope y'all like it and i can't wait to update more x

comments are always appreciated! ~(◠‿◕✿)