Chapter 2: The Hangover That Just Doesn't Seem to End

I woke up hours later and I could see the sun just beginning to rise. I groaned as my head pounded. The worst thing is waking up with a horrible hangover. My stomach rolled and I rushed to the small bathroom sink. I clutched to the edges of the sink as I wretched up bile and alcohol. After I was done giving away the contents from last night's drinking, I sunk down to the floor covered in sweat. I leaned my head back against the wall with a slight groan. Frank came over a few minutes and looked at me as he leaned against the door way with his arms crossed over his chest. We looked over each other assessing the damage. He could tell I was going to have one hell of a hangover today, but all I could see about him was blood shot eyes. Other than that he seemed fine.

"You really should take it easier on yourself, Gee." Frank said with a half smile. He didn't understand half of it. He didn't know the hell I have lived through. I shook my head at him in response. Ya, like I'm going to ease up. I'm perfectly fine with destroying myself from the inside out.

"I'm fine." I replied with a hoarse voice. Huh, didn't know I had worn out my vocal cords in last nights show. At least we had two days off before we hit the road again. We were still in New Jersey and we were all free to do as we pleased. Frank sighed and shook his head. He turned around and walked towards the front of the bus. I heard him go outside and I figured it was for a smoke. The door banged behind him and the sound reverberated throughout my head. I leaned over the sink and wretched.

 I stood back and shook my head. Well that was the last of that. I shakily walked out into the small kitchen area and grabbed my daily bottle of vodka. I knew that this would have to end sometime, but I enjoyed my own pain too much. It's a comfort to my numbness that I had landed in a long time ago. I'm not saying that I wish I could go back to the emotional pain I felt. This numbness is the greatest act of mercy God has given me. I sighed and decided to head home. Mikey wasn't anywhere to be seen so I figured he had left to go on with his day. Probably went to their old house where their Mom still lived.

I started walking along the crowded streets of New Jersey. I wondered what I would do once I got to my small rented basement. Maybe I would draw for awhile. No, that wouldn't do for today. I could feel the past creeping up on me already. I had my head down and my hood pulled up as I stuck my hands in my pockets. A bright flickering sign caught my eyes. Hmm, a pub was open. Might as well catch another quick drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the quick chapter but theres better things to come! Comment to let me know what you think!