Chapter 6:Where did it go?

The next few days were a blur. I kept slipping in and out of consciousness. I couldn't seem to keep hold of my mind. The first time I woke up was only for a few seconds. All I could see was white and a bright light. The next few times was the same image but now I could feel things as well. I moaned around a tube stuck in my throat. The monsters had me and were sucking out my insides through this tube. I thrashed around a bit trying to come undone until darkness overcame me and I was once again unconscious.

The next time I woke up I was thankfully back on the bus. I brought up my hands and rubbed my sore throat. At least the tube wasn't there anymore. I looked around and saw Frank sitting across from me. "What happened?" I asked in a hoarse voice. It felt as if every time I spoke someone was rubbing sandpaper up and down my throat. Frank shook his was as he looked at me. "Why didn't you tell me what was going on?!" he asked angrily. I shrunk back fearing him slightly.

"Didn't tell you what?" I asked barely audible.

"Don't play stupid with me Gerard Arthur Way." Frank replied glaring at me. I closed my eyes and shook my head. I didn't want to tell him about how much pain I had been going through and how alcohol and pills were the only thing to keep that pain away.

"Why don't you tell me why you're trying to kill me." I countered quietly shrinking back against the wall of my bunk. Frank gave me a very surprised look.

"Oh Gerard please dot tell me you still think someone's trying to kill you?" I looked down at the floor. How could he act so ignorant? I avoided answering his question. "Gerard!" he shouted at me wanting a response. I shrank back and curled up into a ball.

"Please don't kill me." I choked out through silent tears. I was beginning to imagine all the painful ways he could kill me. He could call out the other monsters and they could start digging their claws into him until he slowly bled to death. Or they could tear him apart piece by piece. Oh god he couldn't even bring himself to fully think of what else could happen. I had to kill myself before they did. Maybe I could find a gun laying around somewhere or a razor... My thoughts trailed off as I started looking around for some kind of deathly poison. Frank must have read my mind because he quickly jumped on top of me before I could move.

" Gerard Way! What do I have to do to convince you we aren't going to kill you?" Frank asked exasperated.

"You were the one who was going to stick a needle in my head." I growled at him. Frank shook his head in response.

"Only because I didn't want you to bleed out!"

"So you could torture me more!" I yelled back at him with my throat feeling as if it was on fire. He sighed and didn't respond as he rubbed at his temples.

"Let me ask you this Gerard, do you see the monsters now? Am I hurting you? Are you under the influence even though they pumped out every last trace of that shit in your system? Gerard you were hallucinating. You did it all to your self." I thought through his words carefully. He could be trying to trick me again, but then why would so much of what he said make sense? I did overdose right before I saw those creatures. He wasn't physically hurting me, at least not now. Though the thing that scared me most was the fact that it was PUMPED out of me. That means I was in the hospital which means.... I looked down at my wrist and felt my stomach jump into my throat. There was a mark from an IV someone had stuck a needle in me. I then brought my hand up to my head and felt along where the cut had been. It was stitched up as well. I bit my lip as I held back a whimper. Frank bit his lip as he looked at me. I didn't like this feeling at all. I wanted out. I wanted out of everything. This situation, myself, my life. I bit down hard on my own lip and slowly opened my eyes to look at Frank.

" I don't know what to do." I whimpered to him. He sighed and leaned forward to wrap his arms around me.

"It's okay, Gee. I'll get you through this."