V : C O B A I N

{ To the side, I'm going to put up the song that Cameron's covering. c: Hehe.

Thank you for being so patient! I finally got around to finishing this chapter. It's sort of a filler for the next so might be slightly boring. But still, thanks for reading~  }

- - - - -

Adrenaline was pumping through our veins as Jeremy hit the high cymbal one last time, sweat dripping down the side of our face. We all grinned at each other, before jumping into a group hug.

“And that was The Vivaces with their mind blowing cover of Canon in D!” Mr. Collin’s voice boomed from the speakers. He grinned at us before introducing Cameron. “And here’s Mr. Cameron Parker and his wonderful orchestra friends.”

Cameron looked at us with a stone hard expression before clearing his throat. He put his hand out, motioning he wanted the microphone. Mr. Collins tossed it to him with an eye roll, walking towards the back of the stage.

“Hey guys. I’m going to cover the song Numb by Linkin Park. I hope you enjoy it.” With a smug smile, and placing the mic on the stand, he went to pick up a mahogany violin. In a swift motion, Cameron and his friends began to play - what seemed like the most dramatic version of Numb. His lips parted slightly as he began to get into the mood, his body swaying back and forth with each movement of the bow. I stood to the side as I watched the scene in front of me, slightly mesmerized at the sight of the group. My eyes were glued to Cameron’s playing, sliding over as they met his shockingly blue eyes. I gasped in a sharp breath, breaking the eye contact quickly.

Noticing this, Dakota’s brow furrowed, as he placed his hand on my shoulder. He pulled me towards his chest, my head hitting the base of his collar bones. Exactly then, Cameron’s concentration broke, as he hit a sour note. My eyes widened in shock, jaw dropping as Mr. Perfect missed the note.

A murmur ran through the crowd, as Cameron continued to play, not showing any signs of being shaken. I had to applaud his poker face, slightly impressed with his professionalism. Soon, his set finished and people were applauding as well.

“Well, thank you all for coming. Before you leave, remember to mark off on the piece of paper you received, whose performance you liked most, and drop it into any of the boxes placed next to the exits. The results will be announced on Friday during lunch, so definitely stay alert. Go home safely!” With that, it was over. I made my way towards Cameron with a smile. Cameron must have heard my fumbling, as he let out a little groan when he saw me.

“If you’re here to gloat, I’m going to ask you to do it some other time. I’m not in the mood,” he muttered, carefully putting his violin into the case.

“I’m not here to gloat. I just wanted to say... your performance was pretty enjoyable. I liked the whole dramatic feeling you were going for.” Cameron looked at me surprised, but quickly composing his face to look unamused.

“Whatever, Carson,” he muttered, clicking the locks on the violin case. He was starting to walk away from me, when I began to match his pace.

“Really? You’re calling me Carson? Not even Keith or something?” I asked, an eyebrow shooting up. Cameron sighed as he began to walk faster with me trailing behind him. After a moment, Cameron turned around, my nose bumping into his chest. I grumbled and rubbed at my nose, glaring up at him.

“What do you want, Kennedy?” Cameron asked, looking quite tired. I jutted out my lower lip before I spoke.

“I’m hungry?” With that, I batted my eyes, hoping to look like one of those brain dead, plastic girls in Mean Girls. Preferably Karen Smith. Cameron looked at me dumbfounded for a moment, before letting out a little snort, flicking my head.