Chapter Four

Bored.

I'm laying on the couch, and am doing nothing but staring at the high ceilings of Tony's house. I don't know where Tony and Pepper are. They didn't give me any notice, either. Not that I blame them.

"Hey, Jarvis?" I ask the computer.

"Yes, ma'am?" He replies.

"Play some ACDC, please." I've never heard them, but Tony seems to likes them, so why not?

"Of course, Ms. Stark." He says, and a loud drum beat plays through the speakers. I walk over to the sound system, and turn it all the way up. Then, I go lay back down.

Then, without anything else to do, I walk to the fridge. There, I see a sticky note stuck to the refrigerator door. It says:

Tony has meetings from 10-3 o clock. I have to work. We'll be home around 4. Help yourself to any food and any books or TVs.
                    -Pepper

Great. Well, at least now I know where they are. I go back to the couch. I lay there for about five minutes until I get an idea.

"Hey, Jarvis?" I shout.

"Yes, ma'am?" He replies.

"Can you let me into Tony's lab downstairs?"

"Certainly,-"

"Great! Thanks." I yell over the music. 

"-if you know the code" Jarvis finishes.

I moan. For a little while, I think about calling Pepper to ask for it. She probably won't give it to me, though. I don't even think about asking Tony for it. I just want to look around, but he'll think I'm gonna break anything and everything possible. I sigh, but eventually walk down the flight of glass stairs to the basement. I reach for the door handle, but it doesn't budge. I look to the right of the door, and I see that the code is consisted of seven digits.

There's a great amount of oil smudge on the number 4. The next greatest is on the number 7, and then on 6. After that, I have no idea. I try to think of a pattern, but don't notice one. After that, I try to think of words that can start with G,H, or I. The next letter could be P,Q,R, or S. I stand for what must have been 10 minutes, trying to figure it out.

Just then, it hits me.

I type in the numbers 4766626. Ironman.

I laugh. Of course it's Iron Man. I hear the keypad click, and then the door shifts. I try to open it. It works. YES! I do a tiny happy dance.

I step inside. To my left is a large open garage with all of Tony's sports cars and convertibles. In front of that is an engineering station with a toolbox twice, maybe three times as big as I am. and then the suits. They're all lined up, standing proudly in their glass cases. The blueprints are standing next to them.

I walk over to the blueprints. Even though Tony is a total jerk, I can't help but admire all of the intricacies in the design. It's amazing. I sit down, and look through all of them one by one. Even though Tony is up to model 42, my favorite one is the original. I heard of his kidnapping in Afghanistan on the news, and how he escaped in a metal suit. But this is amazing- he did this all in secret, with limited supplies.