CHAPTER 4

Ka'mari

"Damn shawty. my bad I ain't see you", The man that just knocked me off my feet said.

I looked up at him. He was tall light skinned with tattoos all on his body. He was sexy but right now I was beyond piss to even care.

Well you need to open your damn eyes", I told him as I dusted myself off while standing up. He looked at me as if I was crazy. I returned the look.

"Listen I said I was sorry but if you gonna be a bitch then fuck you. I don't got time for you or your stuck up attitude", he said becoming angry.

"No fuck you and I didn't ask for your apology.......punk ass niggah!" I said while walking off. He quickly grabbed me by the wrist. I looked at him like he was crazy. This man must have lost his mind.

"Who da hell you calling a punk? You must not know my name. I'm Terrance muthafuckin Davis. Ain't no punk in my blood.", He spat in my face.

I struggle to try to get out of his grip. " let me fucking go" I yelled while pulling away with all my strength. I tried to kick but my attempt failed.

He finally let my wrist go. "You lucky I'm in an good mood or your ass would have gotten treated" He said poking.

I rubbed my wrist examining the big red bruise. "And you need ta take off that plastic jacket!", he said chuckling. I looked down remembering I still had on my Miami Heats' wind breaker.

"Fuck you", I yelled while he walked in McDonalds. I stuck up my middle finger continued to make my way back home. I walked off as if none of that had just transpired.

I walk down 27th avenue still a little uptight. This is where drug dealer, crack heads, prostitutes and all the homeless are found. I finally made it to 25th ave. I walked up on my porch looking in my bag for the house keys. Our hall smelled like piss cigarettes and shit! I hold  my breath trying to hurry and get in the house.

" Hey Kay Kay", my next door neighbor Brianna said from behind me.
"Hey, Bri where is your mommy", i asked her. Still searching for my key.

"She said that she was going some where and she would be back in an couple of hours.", Bri replied. I finally found my keys. I enter the house & Bri was right on my heal.

"So wat'chu wanna do?, I asked her as I entered and threw my bag down. Brianna is my next door neighbor, Elaine, daughter. I've known her since she was an baby and now she is 3 years old. When Elaine moved next door she was still pregnant. Elaine is like the mom I've never had and Brie is like a sister I've never had. I would do anything for Brianna. And her joyful spirit just light up my day.
"Can we watch frozen?", she asked with a toothy smile.

I giggled at her excitement and shake my head yes.

"Did your mom tell you where she was going , and why did she just left you outside by your self.",

"she said she was going to find a job cause daddy was mad again. She told me to stay in the house but I was scared of boogie monster", I looked at Bri with sympathetic eyes. I knew exactly what she was going through the only difference from me and her was she wasn't getting rape. Mark Brianna's dad was very abusive when he was drunk. He would take his anger out on Bri and Elaine when he was mad. That's probably why I love her like she was blood.👩‍❤️‍👩

"Well do you want some ice cream? I got vanilla🍦your favorite!", I asked changing the subject.

"Yayyyyy yassss" I laughed at her excitement. She jumped up and down following me in the kitchen.

"Gurl you is so silly" , I said after ruffling her curly long hair she got from her mom. I took off my jacket and put it on the table. I open the freezer searching for the ice cream. I grabbed the pint of ice cream and a bowl. I fixed me and Bri sum ice cream.

"Kay Kay?"

"Yass Bri", I put the pint of ice cream up and sat next to Bri in the raggedy chair.

"Do you think mommy loves me?", she asked. I was so surprise by her question.

"Of course your mom loves you. Your her first and only love and she doesn't love anyone but you. She loves you to the moon and back, more than she loves her own self." I consoled her.

"why does daddy do does mean things to me?😔", she asked me again.

" Brianna I don't know why he does mean things to you. But I do know that he loves you and that's just his weird way of telling you he loves you. But his love is not the kind of love you want." I told her being as truthful as possible.

" does that mean I shouldn't love him?", she asked innocently.

" No what I'm saying is ......being abused is not okay. And don't let anyone tell you other wise. You are beautiful, funny, and smart" Brie started giggling as I tickled her. "And don't let anyone convince you that being an punching bag is okay.", I looked at Bri and got emotional. It's crazy how I'm giving advice and can't even stand up for myself. I love that I can give advice to her cause no one ever gave me advice.

"Now let's go watch frozen", I said putting a smile on my face. I picked up Bri and ran in the front room. Brie giggled and laughed as I tickled her.

We laughed joke played and watch frozen until we both fell asleep on the couch.

VOTE🎗

READ📖

COMMENT✍🏽

SHARE📲

This chapter made me emotional. But Imma thug I don't cry! Lol but remember to Vote commentShareRead📖