CHAPTER 2

(KARI IN MM)☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝

Ka'mari

I sat at the cash register waiting for people to come in. My shift was almost over and i was happy. The restaurant was half empty and everyone was leaving. I was starting to smell like grease and old cheese. I just want to go home and take a shower.

"You ain't hot?", my friend kari ask referring to my jacket i had on.

"Girl, I'm fine. Its not even that hot outside.", I said lying through my teeth.

What I really wanted to do was strip out of this hot ass jacket, But i can't . The scars was still fresh. They will be seen and I'll be ashamed.

"Girl its the middle of the summer and it's 90 degrees outside.", She said while fixing a frappe.

Kari is my best friend and i known her since grade school. Kari doesn't know about the rapes and other stuff that happened. She only knows that my mom is a junkie. I'm just not brave enough to tell her. I'm scared she might judge me like all the rest of people.

"I'll be fine! It's not like im gonna have a heat stroke.", I said giggling.

"Okay but don't call me when your ass is in the middle of the floor dying." She laughed showing off her pearly whites.

Kari is a really pretty girl. I wish i was half as pretty as she is. Kari is biracial with a black dad and white mom. She was born into a rich family. Her dad owns car dealerships all over Atlanta. "I'm not rich my parents are", is what she would always tell me. That's why she got a job at McDonald

The sound of bell from the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up i saw Brittany and her minions, Shantae and Ashley, walk in. They're known around town as Lakeside's hoes. They got this name because they all live in lakeside projects and they fuck anything with a usable penis. I also live in lakeside but I don't act like them. I hate ghetto loud mouth bitches like Brittany and her crew. Brittany is also my cousin. My mom and her mom are sisters. Aunt Audrey doesn't know that Britt acted like that in the street. Once Brittany told me she would beat me up if I told aunt Audrey anything that I know about her. I ain't scared of Brittany because I know she is all bark no bite. But I still wouldn't tell on her; I ain't no snitch.

"Hello, welcome to McDonald's ", Kari said with a fake smile.

I giggled at Kari. All of a sudden she was looking real serious. I rarely see this side of her.

Brittany & co. walked up to my register ignoring our laughter. Brittany flips her blonde tracks ova her shoulder. Brittani is light skin. She got long shoulder length hair that she always kept tracks in. She is about 5'4, and she got a beauty mark above her lip. She inherit all her look from aunt Audrey. They can pass as twins. One time Brittany's dad, Rodney, thought she wasn't her kid cause she looks just like aunt Audrey.

"Are you ready to oder?", Kari ask in a calmed voice but her face showed  that she was agitated.

"In a minute", Brittany retorted while smacking on her gum.Ashley and Shantae was standing behind her looking like dumb and dumber. They are extra ghetto and would do anything for dollar or quarter. They only fuck the wanna be gangsta that flaunt their money for some pussy. They are some gold digging ass hoes.

"Kemari wats wrong with your friend? Why she gotta attitude?"
"I don't have an attitude!", Kari exclaimed.

"Well your face is telling me otherwise. If you got an problem we can go out side an shoot these ones. ", Kari looked at Brittany like she was dumb. Instead of responding Kari put an smile on her face. " Are you ready to order"

Ashley and Shantae looked at Brittany. " let's go somewhere else. I don't got time for them to be spitting in my food.", Ashley said.

"I wouldn't waste my spit on an basic bitch although you look kinda thirsty!", Kari snapped at Brittany. Brittany and the minions stomped out of the restaurant pouting. I giggled at the look on Kari's face.

" Why do you let those hoes get to you?", I asked her
" you know Ion like those build-a-beast looking ass hoes"
"Kari you is so damn crazy", I said after laughing. I looked at the clock almost forgetting it was time for me to go. Kari must have read my mind because she clocked out.
"You need an ride?" Kari asked
" Naw I'm good I need the exercise"
" Girl shut up. What the hell u gonna exercise?"
I laughed hysterically. " I don't need an ride, I live right up da street. I'll be fine."

"Okay but don't call me when yo ass in the middle of the street baking with that plastic jacket on", She laughed and walked out.
Walking in the back I grabbed my stuff, clocked out and said bye to everyone. Then I was on my way.
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
⚠️‼️‼️VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW ‼️‼️⚠️