CHAPTER 7

KARI'S POV

I drove down the rode listening to Dreezy on the radio . Kamari and Brianna is sleeping.
My phone is dead, so I occupied myself by looking at my surroundings.
I never realized how bad Atlanta looked. The apartments is torn down. The streets needed to be repaired, trash needed to be picked up off the sidewalks, and the homeless people wasn't making it any better.
I look over at Kamari. She had drool coming from her mouth and she still had that damn coat on.
I giggled at how silly she looked, then focused back on the rode.

" Kari are we almost there?",Brianna questioned waking up from her sleep.

" Almost" , I replied.
" are we going to get my mom", she asked.

I didn't know how to reply without saying the wrong thing.
"Ummm no but where going somewhere way better!", I told her.

" so where we going!", she smile ear to ear.

" We're going to my fairy princess land. We got princess pizza and unicorn ice cream! And guess who's the princess?"

" who?" She asked all giggly and happy.

" well, her name is princess Brianna and she's very pretty!", I looked at her through the mirror.
" well my name is Brianna." She said shrugging her shoulders. I laughed.

" U guessed it! Your the famous princess Brianna" I announced while she did a little dance in her car seat.

lil durk X Perky's calling, started playing throughout the car I turned the music all the way up forgetting about Kamari sleeping.

"This my song" I said as I pulled into my drive through. I realized that my mom nor dad car wasn't home which was even better for me! I wasn't in the mood for their bougie asses today.

" Is this my castle?" Bri asked
"Yep this is your humble abode!" I told her still playing along.
" wow it's huge " she exclaimed. " I'm gonna love it here"
She was so excited. I smiled at her joy. Kamari was still knocked out. She had to be exhausted.

"Kamari get up we're here" I shake her.
I got out the car waiting for Kamari to move. She finally opened her eyes after a couple of minutes.
" we here already" she asked "how long was I sleep?"

"The whole car ride , hoe!", I told her.
They got there stuff outta the truck and we went inside the house.

" y'all can just leave your stuff right there or go put them in the guest room." , I explain.

" umm where's the guess room?", Kamari asked.

"I'll show you. This is my humbly abobe", Bri said making me laugh.

Kamari look between me and Bri confused. I laughed harder cause she didn't have a clue of what Brianna was talking about.
" you shouldn't have been sleeping", I told her leading the way to the guess room., " you would have known that Brianna was crowned the fairy princess!"

"Yep and u can't get none of my princess pizza or unicorn 🦄 ice cream!", Brianna said while rolling her neck.

" yep showl' cant" I picked up Brianna and left the room going downstairs.
Leaving Kamari in the room pretending to cry.
Entering the kitchen I seen that it was a mess. I instantly became heated!😡 I look over to the refrigerator and seen a note on it. I snatched it off and read it.

Kari,
Me and your dad is going out of town for a couple day on a business trip. We left some money on your dresser for emergency. But if u need any thing u can call me!
, love mommy

I threw the letter in the trash then look at Brianna.

" Princess Brianna would like to help with the royal dishes" I asked her.
"Yass ,madame Kari, it would be my pleasure", she replied in her "royal" voice.
" welp , kiddo let's get to work"

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
KAMARI POV

I layed on the bed staring at the ceiling, thinking about my next move.
I didn't know what to do next.
I didn't want to stay here forever, even though Kari and her parents didn't mind. I just felt like me and Brianna would be a burden.

I didn't even know what to do with Brianna. Where is Elaine? She would never just up and leave without saying anything and especially leaving with out Brianna. I was starting to get worried about her well being. I just wanted her to show up. I don't know how to take of a kid I barely know how to take care of myself. But maybe she's just handling some business.

I snapped my self out of my thoughts realizing I had to unpack. I looked around the room. It was huge to say the least. I never seen a guest bedroom so big in my life. I'm afraid to see what there master bedroom look like.
I grabbed the 2 suitcases and duffle bag off the floor starting to unpack.
-
-
-
1 hour later
I was done unpacking and very exhausted.
I grabbed my toiletries and took it to the attached bathroom. I decided to take a much needed bath.
I let the tub fill up with water and poured my vanilla and coconut bath wash in the rising water. I got in and let my body relax . The hot water felt great against my skin. I felt like I was melting and my worries was being lifted with the steam. I closed my eyes sinking into the bubbles.

" Mari, Mari get up the dragon is coming", Brianna interrupted busting in the door.She looked terrified.
I tried not to laugh, looking at how serious she was.

" Where is the Dragon at?", I asked getting out and putting on my robe.

" I don't know but it was chasing me and then I lost it In the forest of shadows?", she said seriously
I grabbed her tiptoeing my way down stairs. Water still dripping from my body.
I look at her and she put her finger up to her mouth signaling for me to be quiet.
I kept tiptoeing until I made my way to the "forest of shadows".
I put Brianna down still being carful not to make any noise.
" I think I hear it", Bri said
I looked at Bri and then back around the front room not seeing the dragon in sight.

"ROAOORRR", Kari jumped out wearing a dragon mask.
Me and Brianna both took off running to who knows where. I almost slipped busting my ass. The float was soaked now.
We laughed and giggled still running. I turned around seeing Kari on our heals. She jumped on Brianna pretending to bite her. Bri screaming at the top of her lungs.

" I'm gonna save u Princess Brianna"I said goofily.
I jumped on Kari and pulled the dragon mask off her head. Kari pretend to act dead while Brianna was on the ground.
" U saved me Mari! How could I ever repay U?" She asked
" I would like sum unicorn ice cream with extra sprinkles and whipped cream" I replied in my fake British accent.

We giggled and laughed leaving Kari on the floor still tryna catch her breath. I laughed at us as a whole.
Brianna was too much!!!

-
-
-

VOTE !
COMMENT !
SHARE !