CHAPTER 9

Omniscient

"Kari you ain't goin to Shayna's house! You know I don't like you over there with all those gangster and hood-rats," Ms. Sheila ranted while cutting up the ingredients to go in her famous casserole.

Kari knew her mother was right about the activities going on over at Shayna's. Her house was definitely the hot spot.
   Kari didn't pay her mom any attention. " I can't stand livin here", kari mumble walking out of the kitchen.

I didn't hear you", Ms. Sheila yelled out. Kari didn't say nothing. She just kept it moving to her bedroom.

Even though Kari didn't respect her parents she knew not to disrespect them. She definitely would never do it in front of her mom. Ms. Sheila didn't tolerate the disrespect but her dad, Mr. Devin, really didn't care. He was the cool, laid back one.
She walked into her bedroom and slammed the door behind her. "Damn, I hate her! She thinks she knows everything", Kari continued to talk to herself.
Her cellphone began to rang as she looked for something to put on. The phone lit up indicating it was "Shayna💜". She quickly grabbed it off the nightstand answering it. " Hello?"

"What's up, bitch? We going to the mall today or what?", her homegirl, Shayna, started.

"Good morning to yhu too, ho", Kari answered.

"Oh, good morning ", Shayna laughed. "So we going to the mall or not?"

" yea I need some new shit cause I'm going to that Grand opening tomorrow", Kari explained.

" you already know I'm out there. That shit gonna be LIT! You know Bar One gonna be the new hang out", Shayna exclaimed twerking on her twin size bed. " and you know that sexy ass niggah' Terrance going to be there. I'm gettin' wet just thinking bout him."

" you is off the chain" Kari replied trying to control her laughter. "Anyways, hefah I gotta shower and get dress. Me and Kamari will meet you there."

Even though Kamari and Shayna had their minor differences, Kari still thought it's was a good idea for all of them to hang out.

" Don't be late cuz' y'all neva' on Time", Shayna replied.

" I gotcha. we'll be there at 2:30" Kari tried to assure her.

  Kari hung up the phone just as Kamari walked in. Kari walked over to her oversized closet while Kamari made her way to Kari's bed and sat down.
" what yhu' doing" Kamari said picking up the VIBE magazine and scanning the pages.

" I'm getting ready cause we about to go to the mall with Shayna."

Kamari sucked her teeth " Kari you know I don't fuck with that ho'. And I don't know why you continue to put us around each other."

"Kamari can u please just do it for me? I know u don't like her but you don't have to say anything to her. And we both need an outfit for that party tomorrow!", Kari begged.

Kamari looked at Kari confused. She didn't know about any party and she didn't care to go. " who said I was going to an party?"

" I said u was going. We both need to get out the this house and live a lil" Kari went into the bathroom to  turn on the shower still running her mouth. "And don't say u can't go cus' there ain't nobody to watch Brianna. I already asked my mom and she said she will babysit" Kari told her telling half of the truth. She didn't really ask her mom but she knew her mother wouldn't have a problem keeping Bri.