Chapter 7: The Pink Paradise

Distracted by my thoughts, I almost didn't see Emily coming right up to me when I was walking.

"Hey!" she says overly excited.

"Hi Emily" I said. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your mom or dad?"

"Yeah" she said sounding disappointed. "Is that they were talking adult stuff, weird stuff. Stuff before I was born, and that was not fun" I laughed. "So I escaped and went to my room." She lifted her head so fast that made me worry if her neck was fine. "Do you want to see my room?" she asked smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah, sure. I would love to." I said. She reached for my hand and guided me to her room. When we entered, the only thing I saw at first was pink. Everything I saw was pink. Her walls, her bed, her toys, even she had a pink air conditioner. Her room was enormous. She released my hand and ran towards a mini table she had.

"Dani, come and play with me" she said. That was one of the cutest image I have ever seen, Emily playing with barbies and asking me to join her. I walk to her and I sat down in a chair in front of her. The chair was small and felt weird but I didn't mind.

"Do you like my room?" she asked to me but still playing with the dolls.

"Yeah it is really... pink." I said. She laughed.

"Yep, my favorite color." She said cheerfully. No kidding! Don't judge me, when I was little I liked pink, well I loved it. But now, not so much. I prefer black. I don't know if that is the rebel/teenager talking but I love it. However, I love how kids have stages of color. When I was little, I had everything pink like Emily, but then, I liked purple more than pink. We needed to change everything from pink to purple. Then, when I was growing up, I didn't even care what color was my favorite. And now, all I have is black. Black clothes, black shoes, black earnings, necklaces and many other black things. Although I love black, I like other colors, I am not a black freak. "What is your favorite color?" she asked.

"Well, I like pink, but I also like purple and black." I said.

"I don't like black that much. To me, black is not pink. I don't relate that much with black. I like pink because sometimes it can be darker and sometimes it can be lighter. It has change of moods, just like me." I laughed. I really didn't expect that. She is a smart girl for her age. She talked like she was my age, 'I don't relate that much with black'. I felt like an idiot in that point because I haven't even thought about that.

"That is true. She can have her mood swings." Someone said at the door. I turned around and Tyler was in the door. Ugh! Why can't he stay some place else where I am not around?!

By hearing that, Emily turned around and smiled to her brother. She ran to meet him and when she was running he crouched down and they hugged. Emily separated from him and was walking towards me with her hand in his, like she was leading him to me. "Tyty, play with us?" she said.

"I would love to!" he said and he sat down next to me. Thank God that there weren't too many chairs and they needed to be evenly separated from each other, because if not, he would have been almost supporting himself from my shoulder. However, he liked that idea, he wanted that. Since when he sat down, he moved his chair a lot closer to mine than they already were. I turned my head to see him and whispered "What are you doing?!" I looked across the table but Emily was too excited playing with her dolls to notice.

"What? A guy can't want to sit closer to a pretty girl?" he said.

I really didn't know how to react to that. Instead I kept my bitchy face on and said, "No, you don't. Don't you remember I'm still mad? What are you doing here anyway?"

"Don't you remember you told me 'your mom was calling you and you needed to go'?" he said raising one eyebrow.

"ugh!" I said defeatedly. I turned around and pretended to play with the dolls.

"So, Dani, do you like my brother?" Emily asked out of no where. That made me lifted my head to see her and I was surprise to find that she had a straight face. 

"Umh, Emily, what did you say?" I asked trying to keep my voice at level. Without even looking, I knew what Tyler was doing. He was trying to hold his laughs. He was trying to cover them with coughs but I knew him too well to know that. From under the table, I kicked him hard so he would stop, and he did. I also felt his eyes burning a hole in my head for the kick I gave him. However, that worked because he stopped laughing.

"That if you like my brother. Because I have seen pictures of you guys small like me and you guys looked very close. Just like now." she said that and signaled me with her head the space between us. I saw and we were almost touching.

I laughed, relieved. "Yeah I like him. Tyler and I used to be best friends. We were very close when we were little. We were inseparable." I said, focusing a little in the past tense, 'used' and 'were', but I didn't want it to sound too obvious.

Emily had a face telling me she was thinking hard, "oh... So, what happened? Are you best friends now?"

I cursed myself for focusing on those words and for even saying them in the first place. Damn! If she got it, Tyler must have, damn it! Just before I was about to say something, Tyler spoke, "Emi, it is a little bit more complicated than that. Before you were born, we used to live here. Dani and I used to play every day. We were best friend." he said, focusing on the 'were' but sounding like it was a good memory but distant. He sounded nostalgic. "When we needed to go and move from here, we didn't kept in touch and we lost connection. However, we were just catching up on all those years before we came here." When he was saying that, he was looking at me like trying to communicate something to me.

"Yay! You guys are still best friends!" she said, but seeing our faces she asked, "are you?" she said a little sad.

We looked at each other and Tyler said "Yes Emily, we are." His eyes were asking for approval but I just lowered my gaze. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!!! 

New chapter! I wanted to make this one a little bit longer for you guys! I am also working on the next chapter so you guys don't wait too long :P 

I hope you guys liked it and please vote and comment!! Follow and add this book to your library for updates!! :P

Chapter Question: What characters do you like so far and why? 

Thanks Dani <3