Chapter 6: Catching up on all those years

Traveling through the long and well known maze of hallways, we arrived at Tyler's room. I was surprised when I came in, I was expected to enter the room of a 12-year-old boy who loved video games and had stickers of various sports that he claimed that he was good but wasn't. Instead, the room was of an organize normal teenage room, which made it weird because from what I remember, he was messy. Most of the time, the room would be clean because the maid cleaned it but if it wasn't for her, his room would be so a chaos that if the maid didn't come for a week, the piles of dirty clothes would cover Tyler.

The walls were white and gray. There was a king size bed, his computer, a TV, two bed side table, shelves and two doors that I well knew that were for the closet and for the bathroom. He had a couch in front of his TV. The more steps I took inside the room, the details were clearer.

Because of my nerd instinct, I went directly to his shelves and I was happy of what I found, books. I saw the names of the books and he had several I had. He had classics such as, 1984 by George Orwell, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, The Giver by Lois Lowry, and some few new ones such as The series The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, the series The Maze Runner by James Dashner, The Cellar by Natasha Preston and some of John Green such as Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars. When I read The Fault in Our Stars I turned around to face Tyler and smiled, "The Fault in Our Stars?" Raising an eyebrow and trying my best not to laugh.

Tyler was smiling at me and said, "Yes, I have it. In fact, it is one of my favorite books. I love it and John Green is an amazing writer." That wasn't the reaction I thought he would have, I thought he would become a tomato and said that some friend left it in here or something. He was so confident and didn't deny he liked the book, that that made me smile even more.

"Have you read it?" he asked with pure interest.

"Yes, I have." I said. "Actually, I have read most of this books." Turning around to the shelves, he had lots of books. That made me remembered when we were little, Tyler would always have a book on his hands and I would always looked at him while he read. He looked so cute doing so because he was so concentrated in the book, there would always be a frown in his face. I would always annoy him by telling him not to read because books were boring, If I only could go back in time and slap me in the face just by saying that. I now know how much I was wrong.

"Seriously? You read it? I thought you just watched the movie." he said. "I didn't know you read." He made himself stand next to me.

I laughed and said, "I love reading, I think I have way more books than you."

He said between coughs, "nerd".

" Actually, I like calling myself after this letters, 'TCTBAN'. Meaning 'Too Cool To Be A Nerd'" I said making a sassy hair flip.

"I think you got those letters wrong because it should be 'TNTBC', meaning 'Too Nerdy To Be Cool'" He said and laughed. I punched him playfully with my elbow in his side and rolled my eyes, but still I laughed.

"So, when did it start? You reading I mean." he said once we calmed down. He sat at his bed and made a gesture telling me to sit next to him.

When I did, I said "Well...umh...I think months after you left". After that, the laugh had died down and I looked down at the floor. Even though I was not watching him, I felt his stare. Once I gave me a short pep talk, I looked up and saw him straight in the eye. It was a mistake because what I saw in them were worry and guilt.

"Daniela, I really don't know what to say except that I am sorry. I shouldn't have left you and not telling you about it and not telling you about what I-" he said and forgiveness and guilt was clearly in his voice.

I stopped him from saying anymore by raising my hand and saying, "Stop Tyler, I don't-"

"Daniela, you have changed so much over the years, I want to know you more, I want to-" he said.

"Well, I am not the only one who has changed. Look at your room, it is clean and organized and I remember before that you hated cleaning up." I said hoping to lighten the mood but all I got was Tyler's eyes showing more sadness.

He was about to speak when I cleared my throat and something caught me at the corner of my eye. It was a guitar. "You play?" I dumbly asked. Of course he plays Daniela, if not why would he have one in his room?

Not paying too much attention to the question, he said yes.

"Cool, I do too. Of course not good, but I know the basics." I said. "Do you know any songs?"

"Yeah, I do." He said not really interested on the subject. He looked down at his palms. "Another thing I didn't knew." He said in a whisper, I almost didn't caught it but I did. "Daniela, seriously I want to talk to you, to tell you that-"

I spoke cutting him again, "Tyler I don't want to hear it. It is not my fault that you left and you weren't here for all the years that 'I have changed'." I said standing up, "I am sorry, I think my mom is looking for me, I think it's time for us to leave." I went to the door walking fast so I would get out of the situation as fast as possible.

Once outside I felt like I was about to vomit, too much feelings in a room. I wanted to melt down and cry. I felt like a volcano about to erupt but I seal it with a cork. I am not breaking down. I am going to be strong.

After my fast pep talk, I went to find my mom. I need some bed and pillow therapy.

~~~~~~~

Hey Guys!! 

This is the first chapter from 2016, although I have posted this chapter in February, is still the first one.  I really spend some time in this chapter because I am not good at making a choice and making a book is all about choices. However, I still do my best so the story keeps on going. 

I hope you guys liked it and please vote and comment!! And follow and add this book to your library for updates!!

Thanks, Dani! <3