Chapter 1: Their Return

somewhere in California...

"Atlas? Atlas?" came a persistent voice.

"WHO DARES SPEAK WITH ME!" the voice of Atlas boomed over the top of Mt. Tamalpais. a figure stepped into his line of view and he was taken back by who they were.

"H-Hyperion?" he asked bewildred believing his Uncle destroyed in the second Titan war 3000 years before.

"I am here for one reason Atlas." he bluntly spoke "to resurrect Kronos and the other Titans and to bring back the giants and mother Gaea. with all our combined efforts even with all their heroes they wouldn't be able to defeat us."

"really?" Atlas asked amused by his plan which he was sure would fail.

"yes and i need your help." Hyperion explained. he clicked his fingers and a bruised demigod was brought to them by two Empousia.

"wh-where am i?" the demigod asked, confused.

"be honoured boy!" Hyperion boomed "you have the great honour of holding up the sky for Atlas!"

"what!" the demigod asked, suddenly alert.

"don't worry. you won't be harmed and we will eventually release you." Hyperion promised, grabbing the demigod and throwing him into Atlas' path. Atlas loosened his grip on the sky and by the force of the throw was knocked out from under the sky and it fell onto the demigod's back, breaking it instantly.

"a shame." Hyperion said, looking at the demigod's body. "i was going to get him to join our forces but no matter... there are other demigod's and he is still holding the sky."

"what will we do now?" Atlas asked him unsure of what to do.

Hyperion smiled at him "why I find the others whilst you raise Mt. Orthrys here and now.

Hyperion walked to the edge of the mountain's rim and jumped. when Atlas looked over his Uncle, the Lord of Light was gone.

"well... i best start." he said to himself.

Meanwhile in New York...

"Chiron!" a voice called. the ancient trainer turned to see his favourite pupil Annabeth Chase running towards him.

"Annabeth!" he called "this is a suprise, why are you here?"

her face dropped "i wish i was here on more pleasent news Chiron." she said "the gods have discovered Hyperion has escaped where he was trapped by P-Percy-" she stumbled on his name "- 3000 years ago and they don't know where he went. they have sent us immortal Demigods to track him but we cannot find him anywhere."

"i see." Chiron said "and have you checked California?"

"no why?" she said then realisation dawned on her "not Mt. Orthrys?"

"i'm afraid so child." he said looking at her with regret and sadness.

"why now?" she asked

"i am afraid i do not know the answer my child." he said "perhaps you may discover it when you return?"

"oh right that..." Annabeth drifted off "i don't really want to go."

"but you must." Chiron stated "if not for yuorself then for the good of Olympus!"

"but Chiron..."

"Annabeth." he warned.

she sighed and walked away from him. it had been a long year with tracking down monsters that seemed to be stirring again and she had being sent as the Greek's envoy to the Romans after they had a slight disagreement. now without an Envoy there- 'a hostage' Annabeth thought- then each side thought the other was planning to attack. she'd have liked it to be peace and reconceallation again like before the Trojan war but that didn't last. after Percy and Nico vanished, Jason also disappeared and the Romans blamed the Greeks. there had been tension ever since.

"Damn Romans." Annabeth mumbled to herself. "if only they were here..." she started drifting off into her memories.

"Annabeth?" a voice asked.

she looked to see Thalia standing there in her death to barbie t-shirt with her hunters tiara on her head.

"hey Thalia." she said weakly.

"what's the matter?" Thalia asked, worried for her friend.

"i'm just sick of all this. sometimes i wish i'd have died 3000 years ago rather than accepting immortality."

"me too." Thalia agreed. "hey but at least we had one lucky break.."

"how was that lucky?" Annabeth screamed at her "he was imprisoned when he returned and he's spent the last 2000 years there! he probably hates us all!"

"not quite true." Thalia said "yesterday he joined the Immortal demigod legion and has been freed. he's coming here today."

"today?" Annabeth perked up.

"yep." Thalia said. she looked and saw a figure of a person on the hill next to the guard dragon Peleus. "there he is!"