Chapter 5: Love Somebody

I know your insides are feeling so hollow

And it's a hard pill for you to swallow,

But if I fall for you, I'll never recover

If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody

I really wanna dance the night away

I know we're only half way there

But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way

I really wanna touch somebody

I think about you every single day

I know we're only half way there

But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way.”

The morning after the party, I sat up in bed and immediately felt a dull pain throbbing in my head. Even though I wasn’t as drunk as Nikki the night before, I was still pretty wasted and now I was suffering the inevitable consequences. But however hung-over I was feeling, I was sure that Nikki was feeling at least ten times worse.

I crept into her room after making two cups of coffee, gently setting her cup down on her bedside table and sitting on the bed next to her sleeping body. She stirred then groaned, her hands flying up to hold her aching head.

“Ughhhhh….. what happened last night?” Nicole whispered, taking the coffee cup off the table and sipping it.

“How much do you remember?”

“I remember talking to you… right after you brought me a margarita and had been talking to some guy… what was his name? …Tony?”

“Toby,” I corrected her.

“But after that, I blacked out. The next thing I remember is you taking care of me in the bathroom later. Thanks for that, by the way.”

I laughed, shaking my head at her memory loss then filled her in on the details she couldn’t recall.

“Oh my gosh, Emma Leigh! You dance battled with that guy?! And what, he’s like famous or something?”

“Apparently, but I’ve never heard of him. And I guess it doesn’t really matter now because I have no clue if I’ll see if again.”

I jumped as I heard my phone ring in my hand, notifying me of a text message. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head when I saw who it was from.

Blake: I see somebody had a good time last night. ;)

“Uh, excuse me?” My brain thought out loud before I could stop myself.

“What?” Nikki asked, grabbing my phone out of my hands and reading the message. “How is what we did last night any of Blake’s business? Sounds like he’s jealous to me!” She handed me back the cell phone as another text came through. It was from Blake again, but it this time the text contained a link to a YouTube video entitled “Toby Turner Dance Battle”.

My thumb tapped the “play” button, and I relived the ridiculous events of last night. Somewhere in the middle of the video I spaced out, getting lost in my thoughts and daydreaming about Toby.

“Oh my gosh!! Emma, that was insane, how did I miss that?!” Nikki said in between laughs.

My cheeks flushed as I snapped back to reality. I wasn’t surprised that someone caught it on film. If this Toby guy was a famous YouTuber, of course people would always want to take pictures and videos of him doing funny things. Kind of like a small-scale version of paparazzi.