Chapter 59

Dylan's POV

I shot up out of breath, my vision hazy as I looked around. Miles was carrying Roni's body, her shirt damp with his tears.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She's dead." He sobbed out.

My heart stopped as I heard those words. I shoved Miles away from her, wrapping my arms around her lifeless body. I sobbed on her, Jasper's body next to hers. I picked her up in my arms, walking towards the door before walking out. I walked past everyone, going straight to the center of the fight. I yelled as loud as I could, everything around me freezing. I fell to the ground, absorbing everything I let out, forcing it all out of my hands towards her body. Her body started raising upwards, her skin turning blue with weird designs all over it. Aiden walked over, placing his energy in his hands before pushing it onto her as well, his energy combining with mine. Roni's dragon crawled over, opening her mouth as it let out a blue mist like energy over her, the mist making a cacoon like barrier around Roni's body. Miles ran around us at full speed, trying to keep all the energy within the circle, his energy adding to the existing one at every angle on her body. The energy was too strong for all of us combined, our skin turning blue as it started to crack. We all yelled, the pain being unbearable, our skin chipping away in pieces. Chris came over in his form, roaring as loud as he could, the energy in the roar anchoring us. Roni's eyes flew open as she gasped, her chest pushing upwards as the rest of her fell towards the ground. Her shrieks filled the air before her body fell, my arms catching her before hitting the ground. All our bodies fell onto the ground simultaneously, breathing hard. My arms wrapped around Roni's body, holding her close like my life depended on it before blacking out.

.
.
.

Miles' POV

I woke up on a bed, looking around as I sit up, my body aching. I looked around the room some more, not recognizing it. I stood up slowly, walking to the door, opening it. I looked to the sides, guards greeting me.

"Good afternoon Mr. Allen, Mr. White is expecting you." One said before turning and walking away. I closed the door and followed him, walking into a small room with a desk, an unfamiliar man siting in a chair behind it.

"Hello Mr. Allen. It's about time you woke up." He smiled genuinely. I looked around the room, trying to take in as much as I could.

"Where am I and who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Veronica and Aiden's father. Please, sit down. We have a lot to discuss." He motioned for me to sit across from him. I walked over and sat in the chair.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"A week. You're the first to wake up." He stated.

"Where-" I started.

"Aiden is in the room across from the one you were in, Chris is in the room to the right of his, Dylan is in the room on the right of yours and Roni is in the room on the left of your room." He answered.

"Is she-" I started.

"Yes she's fine. She is just resting for now, she needs to be able to regain her energy." He answered again.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Well... I heard from a few people that Dylan and Roni were supposed to get married a week ago but that didn't happen because of Jasper." He started.

"How do you know about Jasper?" I interrupted.

"The real Jasper is not like that, the Jasper you know is actually Giovanni Robinson. His father used to work with me, back when I ran one of the most notorious mafias in the world. I understand that Giovanni is dead now." He said, more like a question than an answer.

"Yes sir." I answered.

"Do you understand how dangerous my daughter is?" He asked. I shook my head in disbelief.

"No offense sir but Veronica is one of the most passive people I know." I chuckled.

"No offense taken. And have you asked her about her past?" He asked, I shook my head.

"Son... I'd suggest you read about her, you won't truly know someone until you learn about their past." He said, handing me a thick file.

"How do you know about me?" I asked.

"I've done my research over you and the others. You are Veronica's bestfriend and I understand you dated for a while. Did you two break up because she was being mean?" He asked with a chuckle, I chuckled back.

"No sir, we were better off as friends." I smiled. I stood up to leave, the door slamming open. I turned around, smirking at the figure at the door. She ran towards me, shoving the guard she was holding away from her, wrapping her arms around me.

"Nice of you to join us my dear." Mr. White said from behind us. Roni looked behind me before burying her face into my chest.

"Hi dad." She said muffledly. The door slammed open again, Aiden and Dylan walking in wobbly.

"What is this?" Dylan asked as he looked around.

"A room you moron." I chuckled, Roni punching my side, I groaned in response.

"Dylan Ryder. Age 18, Frost Bite and a werewolf, my daughter's fiancé and soon to be husband." Mr. White stated. He stood next to me, Chris walking in through the door.

"Christopher Williams, age 20. The leader of the mafia, or so he claims, and a saber tooth." Mr. White stated.

"What do you mean 'or so he claims'?" Chris snapped.

"My daughter is more of the leader than you." Mr. White snapped back. Chris backed away before kneeling.

"Your highness." He said as he looked at the ground.

"I am sorry, I didn't know you were the King himself." Chris said.

"King as in the first ever mafia leader?"

---------------
So for those of you that have been reading, chapters ago I wrote that Jasper isn't actually Jasper, or at least I think I did. So as you read in this chapter, his name is actually Giovanni Robinson. So let me explain, Giovanni took on the name Jasper because he found out Veronica's mom wanted Jasper to be with her. He convinced Jasper that Veronica was no good so Jasper didn't meet her. Giovanni didn't shape shift into Jasper, he is his normal self but with a different name. So from now on when I write Giovanni it's still Veronica's abusive ex boyfriend.