Chapter 66

Veronica's POV

An explosion went off downstairs as I sat on the bed. I ran downstairs, Dylan's burnt and bleeding body lying on the ground about 10 feet away from the door, ashes and bits of the door and wall around him. I ran to his side, lifting his head up as I cried, people coming to my side, anger burning in me.

"Come on sweet heart. Jake (Giovanni and Prince's brother) wants to see you." A guy said as he pulled me away. I flipped his body in front of me, grabbing his gun and shooting him and the other people in the room. I grabbed Dylan again, tears running down my face.

"Baby?" I asked, his coughing filling my ears.

"It hurts." He said just above a whisper. I wiped my tears away and smiled, lifting him up and dragging him to the couch. I endre into my frost bite side, trying to place my energy onto his body.

"You have to... take a deep... breath... and push it onto... me... like with your energy..." He said, coughing after a few words. I nodded, taking a deep breath and transferring my energy to him in one fast and strong blast. He shot up and winced, his body fully healed.

"A little too much." He sighed, I chuckled in response. I looked at the door, hearing ambulances in the distance. I heard people talking next door, hearing every word they said even though they were talking low. I heard the fish swimming and eating, naiads eating them in turn.

"You can hear everything huh?" Dylan asked which caused me to jump.

"This is how you hear?" I asked, to which he nodded in response. He pointed to his heart and I looked at it, hearing the blood run through his veins like water flows down a river. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I'm all broken like you now." I smiled with a laugh, he rolled his eyes and chuckled in return.

"How'd you control it?" I asked, hearing all the people around me, the ambulance a few blocks away.

"Never mind that, we have to go." I hurried, grabbing his hand and dragging him upstairs. We packed all our clothes into the backpacks and rushed downstairs, making sure we didn't leave anything behind. We grabbed all the food in the fridge and walked out through the back door, walking along the shore line with our backpacks in hand.

"Can we stay here a little longer? We didn't even get in the water." Dylan asked. I shrugged as I continued to walk through the sand, an arm snaking around my waist. He turned me around and pulled me into a sweet kiss, my hands wrapping around his neck after placing the packs by my sides.

"Lets find a place to stay first and then we can swim, alright?" I chuckled.

We continue to walk for a little while, something swimming in the water beside us. I tried concentrating on the sound and the way it moved, making out a tail like sound from it. It started to swim closer to us before halting, my legs stopping along with it. I looked at the water, a head popping up a bit from the water, it's eyes the only thing I can see besides some hair and it's forehead. It started to swim towards me before shooting out and landing on something. The naiad bit into the invisible object, a person coming into view all of a sudden. She looked up at me before crawling into the water again.

"Thank you!" I shouted as she departed into the water.

"He knows you're here. Come with me." She urged as she looked around, Dylan grabbing my hand.

"What if this is just a trick?" He whispered.

"It is no trick, the king would like to meet your wife and yourself." The naiad said, motioning us to follow her. I listened to her heart beat, it's pace steady with no hint of lying in its beat.

"Come on Dylan... you wanted to get in the water... here it is..." I smiled, pulling him along to the edge of the beach.

"My men will take your lugage." She said with a thick Russian accent. Pure mafia right there. Two sharks swam towards us before turning into men, grabbing our luggage before retreating into the ocean.

"You must take your clothes off now before drinking this." She said, holding up a hollow shell with a glittery, aqua colored liquid in it. I slipped my shirt and shorts off, leaving my panties and bra on as I waited for Dylan to strip into his briefs as well. I grabbed the shell, placing it near my lips.

"Stand in the water bare footed." The naiad rushed out. I walked forward, the fresh, blue water meeting my ankles. I drank half of the water, Dylan drinking the other half after stepping beside me. We handed the naiad her shell before walking to her.

"You will grow a tail but don't worry, it is only for the time being." She smiled before turning, diving into the water. Dylan and I dove in after, unaware of what's next.