Chapter three

Seán had been transfered to the back of the police building. It was like a mini prison for the offenders related to ongoing investigations. He sat at a table, alone of course, eating some pizza Mark brought him. He had no idea how greatfull Seán is of him, he doesn't have any friends or anyone he can turn to besides Mark. He surprised himself by becoming friends in the first place, but he was so desperate for companionship and someone to even just pretend they care.

"How you hanging up buddy?"

Seán turned to match the familiar voice with Mark who had just came to sit with him.

"OK I guess"

Sean replied.

"Listed man... We need your help."

Seán gulped, he knew what this meant. Panic rose in his stomach making him feel a bit sick. He turned to face Mark looking terrified.

"N-n-no.... I know what t'is means...."

Mark looked sad.

"Seán please-"

"No! I said no!"

Seán got up leaving his pizza behind, he turned to leave when he felt a strong hand grasp onto his arm. The panic in Seán rose like fire over kindling. He turned to see Mark who had hold of him. Mark was much taller than Seán and so towered over him making Seán cower slightly.

"That wasn't a question Seán. You will be helping. Do I make myself clear?"

Seán frowned, despite the fear.

"No, I'm not helping ye wit' t'is."

Mark's expression changed from stern to anger. Seán gulped, he was really scared. But before he could change his mind, Mark roughly dragged him into an empty room with ease, despite Seán shouting for help and trying to resist.

"Mark stop it!! What are ye doing!?!?"

Mark threw Seán into the room then slammed the door behind them. Seán stood up after falling and cowered in the far corner.

"M-m-mark s-stop!!"

He was crying now, sobbing uncontrollably. He was shouting out of fear and he shrunk down, holding his arms out in defense as Mark approached him.

Just before he reached him, Mark stopped, one hand on the wall just in front of Seán and the other holding onto his shirt as a threat.

"You are helping!! Understand!!"

Mark's deep voice rang around Seán's head like a siren. It reminded him of the boss, he couldn't talk, he was far too scared and he was chocking on his own sobs.

Mark looked at Seán and realised that he was hurting him, he was propping Seán up by holding his shirt because his legs had given way. Mark slowly let him down on the floor and knelt down with him.

"Seán...?"

He spoke softly. Seán pulled his knees to his chest and looked away from Mark who's shadow still lingered over him like a wave beating down over a soft beach. Seán was shaking slightly, crying into his knees. He said something but Mark couldn't quite hear.

"What did you say?"

Seán lifted his head, his eyes were puffy and his face was wet with warm tears. His blue eyes looked broken and faded.

"I s-said... Piss off!"

Seán got up and tried to run off, before Mark got a chance to react, he was already trying to get out the door but it was locked.