Chapter 10: Save Henry & Grace Pt. 1

"Do you...do you think we still have a chance, even with all these hurdles to jump over?" Jefferson asked.

There was nerve wracking silence before Regina spoke. "Yes," she choked out, placing her hand on his.

"What's the biggest thing, a hurdle? This is what we need, communication."

"Well I'd say the biggest one," she said and then tightened her jaw in an effort to keep her emotions in. "Is the poison, that damn poison."

He smiled. She had never seen him smile that big yet. "So you do want to try to fix us?" He chuckled. "God I love you," he whispered, pressing his lips on hers, and repeatedly kissed her, causing her to giggle. "And I promise you, we will find a way to get rid of that poison. If it takes my heart to do so, I will."

"You mean splitting your heart for us to share?"

"Is that possible? You're the magic expert," he said with a chuckle, taking her hand.

"It is I guess, I mean, it's dangerous, but it might work. But I would have to crush my own heart to accept another, if that would work."

"Then no! I can't risk losing you! We'll find another way, my queen," he assured, kissing her forehead.

The Camp

"Captain," Reina called. "I don't believe we properly re-met," she said with a chuckle.

"Aye, Reina, it's been a long time. How is that you're related to the Mad Hatter?" Hook asked.

"We're half-siblings. How do you know him?"

Hook's gut turned at as mind flashed with memories of stabbing Jefferson, torturing him, kissing his lover, and hitting his lover. Reina caught on to his hesitance. Why was he taking so long? "Uh...we met in Storybrooke on our mission here...to save his daughter and Emma's son Henry."

She didn't believe him. She had good instincts. "I don't believe you, Captain," she called out, makes strides towards him as she crossed her arms. "You do realize I was a pirate alongside Will? I've got my wits about me, and don't let a lie stray past me."

"Then how do you think we met?" He gulped as she got even closer, glaring into his piercing blue eyes.

"I don't know, you tell me. And the truth would be nice," she said.

Her snappy comebacks shocked the captain as his jaw opened slightly. "What? Cat got your tongue? Believe me, Captain, I have a dark side, but I haven't shown that to my brother and his family. They don't need to see that. But with you, I'll bring the edge."

How could he tell her this? That he stabbed her brother and nearly killed him. That he tortured and beat her brother. Or that he struck Regina in the head. It wasn't the greatest reunion. It's not like he could run though. He knew she would chase after him until she squeezed the answers out of him. Reina was no saint.

"I'm waiting."

"Reina...I just want you to know that I have changed, I mean I am changing. I'm trying to be good for Tinkerbell because I love her! And I'm trying to be good because I want people to see me for more than a dirty drunken pirate!"