Beside You Part 1

Lex P.O.V.

It is weird to think of how normal and horribly boring of a life that I have. Nothing ever interesting seems to take place in my ridiculous world. It is all the same thing every day, similar to a broken record and it drives me completely and utterly insane.

I wake up at an undoubtedly hour of six in the morning. Only to go to place that very well compares to Hell. Where all fake, annoying, people that think they are better then everyone are. They walk around as if the whole world would stop and wait for them to pass by.

The only way that I can get past them without hurting anyone is with thought that next year they'll all be abandoned and alone while I am off making something of myself. I just hold on to that thought. They'll get a reality check soon enough and realize popularity in high school means absolutely nothing to the real world.

The only friend that I have is Kaleb, and I think he is even getting tired of my negativity. But he continues to stick by me, even though I can't begin to think of why.

After school I go straight to work at my grandma's bakery. I spend the whole time wrapping pastries and whatnot and pretend like I am not prepared to pass out from boredom 90% of the time. From work, I go home, do homework, and squeeze as many hours of writing in that I can get.

I wasn't always like that. I used to have friends, people used to like me, and then I figured out that people are assholes. I was tired of being fucked over. It hurt less to close myself off, so that's what I did.

Then I go to sleep, wake up and do it all over again. I am so tired of it all. I am so tired of nothing happening and life staying in the same hell hole. I am tired of being screwed over by people. I want someone to come, sweep me off of my feet, and take me far away, out of Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, somewhere like London, New York, or LA. Somewhere where new things take place every day and people accept the difference of others.

I'll publish my poetry somewhere and be out of here and away from all of these people. The only person I'll even miss is my grandma. Kaleb is coming with me, we are planning on finding a flat in London to move into, both of us taking some time off of school. I had lived in Holmes Chapel for the past 17 (almost 18) years of my life and I am most certainly done with it.

********

School was the same as always today, horrible. I was just finished explaining how my teacher, Mr. Hank, hated me because he gave me a bad marking on my paper, when I worked really hard for a good one. I was convinced it was because what I had written was too intelligent for that of a 17-year-old to write and he was simply intimidated. The silver lining is that it is Friday and I need some time alone.

"Brighten up Lex, not everyone is out to get you." Kaleb and I walked off campus together weaving through people who I refused to make eye contact with. Little did Kaleb know I felt like everyone was, like everyone was sitting on the edge of their seats desperate to see me fail.

"Yeah." I shook his words off like a bad joke. "You work today?" We made our way to the parking lot.

"No I am off, you?"

"What do you think?" I turned to Kaleb with a annoyed look on my face. Thats when we reached my car. There Billy sat right on the hood of my car smoking with his friends. I swear his sole purpose in life is to make me unhappy, jokes on him, because at least I am important enough to him that he would try and make me miserable all the time. I feel honored, to be honest.

"Billy I need to get to work get off of my car." I tried to push him off but it didn't help his friends just laughed. He sat like a rock staring at me as I backed up from him.