Chapter 12

luke's pov -

I hear someone come through the window, I was crying, it was an ugly crying. I had a razor in my hand and it was shaking as i made cuts into my wrists.
I winced in pain but it felt good at the same time. Tears fell and stained my shirt. "Dammit, It's not working." I say to myself.

The door comes crashing down, it was Bella. She had worry in her eyes. I threw the razor in the trash and try to hide my wrists but she sees anyways. "I'm sorry." I say gently over and over again.

Bella sits down next to me and wraps her arm around me as she pulls me close. "I'm sorry." I say, still crying. My tear stained cheeks were red and so were my wrists. I lay my head on her shoulder and cry.

It was about twenty minutes of just sitting there. Bella had to be annoyed by now but she didn't say anything. I tried to stand up but my feet were weak and my eyesight was a bit blurry.

I turn on the faucet and let the cold water run down my wrists. I wince again and rub my wrists to help with the pain.

After washing them, I pull on my sweater. "I'm fine.. You can go now." I say to Bella. She stood up and shook her head. "Luke, what the hell was that? You could've been seriously hurt." I nod and look down.

"I'm such a disappointment... and I can't believe I'm telling you this." I say. "You don't care." Bella shook her head in disapproval. She looked hurt, She looked genuinely hurt. "I feel like you're more than what the kids at school see, but I don't want to interfere with this. I was worried."

"You shouldn't be worried about me.." I say gently while walking down the stairs. My left foot was asleep from me sitting on it. It took a while but when I got to the kitchen, I took out a glass. "Do you want some water?" I ask Bella, who was following me downstairs and still talking about I don't know what.

After taking another glass out, I pour water into them, being careful not to spill it as my wrists were shaking.

Bella came over and took the water from me and started pouring. "Come to school tomorrow and you can stay with me. I'm willing to do that.. For a friend."

A friend? What I've been longing for.