Chapter 8

luke's pov

I stayed in my room all weekend. Not responding to any messages or eating or breathing, barely. I lay in the dark, terrified of going back to school. I decided not too.

At 6:30, my alarm went off, but for three days, i hit snooze. Not going to school at all. The fourth day, Thursday, I realized I needed to go. Get out of this hellhole people call home.

  I go to my bathroom and take a shower. Standing deep in thought, I hear a door slam. Dad ruined another relationship. He could never keep one. I banged on the wall for them to be quiet.

  As I got out of the shower, I dried my body and my hair. It was a mess. My lip was badly bruised and red, right under my lip piercing. My old girlfriend thought it was hot, My old friends thought it was weak, I thought it meant I won another battle.

  I put on a black shirt, black skinny jeans, and many bracelets, with my black converse. ( black asf ) I looked at myself in the mirror, making a cut to my wrist, then wiping it off, pulling bracelets back down. I messed with my hair, deciding to leave it messy.

 I walked downstairs, making a bowl of cereal and say down to eat

I walked downstairs, making a bowl of cereal and say down to eat. I checked my phone, no messages. I went on instagram and looked through my feed.

  After eating, I washed my bowl and ran outside, after grabbing my keys. I drove to school is silence.

   Walking into school, many girls ran up to me, but I pushed them away. I hated the attention. I looked over to my ex, her eyes were full of worry as she ran over to me. "Stop, Alex.. It's fine." I said, trying not to break down.

   She pulled me outside, her brown hair blowed into her face from the wind. "Talk to me. Was it your dad?" She asked, taking out makeup. "You thought it was sexy the last time it happened, Alex." She shook her head, covering up the bruise.

  "I said it because I thought, that's what you wanted to hear. Tell me, please. I'm not going to judge you. You aren't mister popular hot ass boy to me okay? I know you."

   I lick my lips, tearing up. "No, it's weak to break down."

   "Not if it is bothering you this much. Tell me."

   I tell her, she took me into her arms gently, comforting me as she walked back inside, holding my hand. I appreciated it. My eyes were red and puffy from crying.

    I hated this. I hated it a lot.

--