The campfire kids

Ryan's P.O.V

"These are the kids your parents warned you about," I whispered to Kerri. I didn't mind, but Kerri was quiet and followed the rules and wouldn't dream of mixing with these kids normally. She looked up at me and grinned - a mischievous, wild glint in her eyes. It made me smile. I could see under the moonlight just how perfect Kerri was and wondered why I had never fully realised what I probably should have. What everyone should, raw beauty, outside and in. She was the perfect mix of good and bad. Bad only with me - but not in a dirty way, but like she could come out of her shell and have fun.

"I'm Jake," said a boy with tangled, blonde hair.
"Hey, I'm Ryan, this is Kerri," I replied and Kerri nodded.
"Hey Ryan and Kerri, let's sing a campfire song to our new friends," Jake said lifting a guitar up and resting on his lap. A melody emerged and his rough voice sung in time with it.
Kerri was leaning on me, her eyes half shut.

We sat there for a while, then I caught sight of some kid eyeing Kerri and I decided it was time to go.
I looked at my phone, the time almost 5am. I nudged Kerri gently.
"We better get going," I announced and pulled Kerri up.
"Bye friends," Jake said and I waved as we set off towards my car. It was cold now we weren't sat by a fire and we hurried back.

I drove fast, there were no other cars and I was above speed limit.
I had to practically push Kerri out of the car and carried her inside silently which was difficult. I carried her all the way to her room, lay her on the bed, pulling off her shoes and putting the duvet over her. I heard my mother's door creak open, shit. I chucked off my coat and took off my shoes as fast as I could. I ran out the room and pretending to be walking up the stairs just as I door my mum look inside my bedroom. I saw her frown and turn around.
"I was getting a drink," I said before she could say anything and she nodded and gave me a hug before telling me to go back to bed. I breathed a massive sigh of relief and fell on to my bed, falling asleep almost instantly, Kerri's image stuck in my brain.

Short chapter, but I don't think anyone wants to read my story anyway :/ thanks to anyone who does and comment for another chapter
Love Jade xx