Chapter 4: Forgive Me

Peter walked around around the soup kitchen's hallways.

"Jacob!" Peter called," JAAACOOOOOBBB!!!"

There was no response.

Peter asked everyone in the soup kitchen where Jacob was, but no one knew.

"Where is he... Where is he..." Peter muttered to himself.

Back to Jacob:

Jacob quickly ran out of the soup kitchen. He ran to his apartment, which was right near the soup kitchen. He opened his apartment room door and started sobbing again. He fell on the floor and knelt on his knees. He clasped 👏 the two palms of his hands together and started praying while he was sobbing from learning the truth about himself. 🙏

"God," he prayed, "I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. .In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I shall love above all things..." Jacob continued to recite the Act of Contrition several times, for almost 3 hours straight.

All of a sudden, Peter barged in out of nowhere. "JACOB!" Peter called, gasping for air. Jacob fell on the floor from shock.

Peter yelled, "I've been looking for you for almost 3 hours!"

"Stop!" Jacob cried. His eyes were red and watery from crying for so long.

"I can't see you anymore!" Jacob yelled as he shut his eyes.

"Yes you can."

When Jacob began to open his eyes, Peter brightly smiled at him. Jacob saw Peter's warm and loving smile, and his face turned red.

Jacob looked away, "God won't forgive me," he said, "He won't love me anymore."

"Yes he will. Do you have two chairs?"

"Uh... Yeah..." Jacob got up and bought two chairs with him. He gave them to Peter placed the two chairs in the empty space and sat down. He told Jacob to sit. Jacob was still very confused but did as he was told.

"Now say 'Forgive me Father for I have sinned' "

"Right here?! Right now?!"

"Yes" Peter smiled.

"Forgive me Father for I have sinned since..." Jacob continued to confess his sins.

Peter blessed Jacob, "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen."

"Do you feel better now?" Peter asked.

Jacob stood up, "Yeah," he said, "But I can't be a deacon anymore, because of what I've done."

"Me either," Peter admitted, "I-I-"

TO BE CONTINUED