Chapter Eight. I Cant

I'm a horrible person, oops ;)

NO MEGAN'S OR LOUIS POV ;)

__________________________

Kate's Pov

I need to get myself together.

Josh. Kissed. Me.

That's the only way to see it.

We have been friends for years, he just can't KISS ME and expect everything to be okay. It's like the civil war. You can't just kill over half of the country and expect to be able to have tea with them after.

I need a drink, history makes me thirsty.

I walk into the kitchen and open a the fridge. I grab my third bottle of beer and take a large drink, letting the liquid burn my throat. I let out a sigh of relief, I needed that.

I mean, it's not like kissing josh was BAD, but it was unexpected. I didn't really get a feel. Did I like it? Would I have gaged? I don't know. But I don't think it's reasonable to ask him to do it again. That's like asking the murderer to kill again so you can see it for yourself. It ends with a dead person and another in jail.

When I'm drunk I use similes and metaphors.

The dance floor was a big blob of horny drunk teenagers grinding on each others laps. But one person stuck out the most.

Josh. Practically butt fucking this blonde bimbo.

I think I'll go dance. With a guy. Now.

I scanned the dance floor to find any guy. Finally I spotted one on the other side of the dance floor. He was the only guy here not with a girl surprisingly. But the only way to get to him was to pass josh.

Great.

I took a swig of my beer and lifted my chin. I was not going to let him ruin this for me. Not today.

I guess my chin was a little to high because I bumped into somebody after taking only a few steps. I felt a cold liquid drizzle down my chest. The beer can in my hand fell to the floor

"I am so sorry." His English accent rang through the air, I lowered my chin to look at him. He was drenched in most of the beer. He was pretty cute too.

I gave a smile, "I should have been looking where I was going." I looked over at josh who hasn't noticed us.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I looked back at the boy in front of me. His eyes had followed mine and found Josh with the skank. A smile played on his lips.

"I guess not, because I am no hump and dump." I looked back at josh.

"Spencer." He raised his hand for me to shake it.

"Hastings?" I giggled and he chuckled at my horrible joke.

"The one and only." He smiled ear to ear.

"Well I'm Kate." He raised his hand higher for me to see but I waved him off and eloped him into a hug.

"What's going on here?" A familiar voice rudely said.

"Josh" I mumbled out.

"Hi I'm Spencer." He completely ignored Josh's rudeness. "and you must be-"

"Her boyfriend." Josh cut in.

I choked on air as a tried to laugh. "Boyfriend. Please." I tilted my head back in laughter.

"Kate, I think we need to talk." Josh said bluntly.

"I sure as hell don't. I am talking with Spencer." I smiled and gestured towards Spencer's body.

"It's okay, really. I need to go find Sarah, she's probably going frantic." Spencer gave an awkward smile.

"Oh hear that Kate, he has a girl friend." Josh smiled and it grew bigger as he saw my discomfort.

"Sister actually." Spencer corrected josh and walked away.

"HA. HA. HA." I snorted and turned to walk away.

"We are going to have to talk about this sometime." I stopped on my tracks and turned around abruptly

"Josh, you aren't a cabbage patch kid. You didn't grow out of the fucking ground and you defiantly aren't pure. No one wants to wake up Christmas morning to find you wrapped up in a box unless there is a knife sticking out of your neck. So obviously you aren't stupid. We can't. We can't do this, us isn't going to work. But you probably already knew that. You probably planned this. Do you hate me that much?" I felt the tears prick my eyes.

"No Kate. I don't hate you." He came closer and rubbed my arm with his hand.

"I can't." It came out barley a whisper.

"What?" I could look at josh but i bet he looked heart broken.

"I'm not your hump and dump, you can't kiss and tell josh." I looked up into his eyes this time. They were filled with hurt.

"I would never" josh said sternly.

"I can't." I looked away from josh.

I felt a sharp pain flood through my head. I touched the back of my neck and felt a hot liquid. I didn't need to see it to know what it was. I looked back at josh and saw the horror in his eyes. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything he was saying, I couldn't hear anything at all. Josh was over my face. I hadn't noticed I was on the floor. It looked like josh was mouthing my name but I couldn't hear him. He also looked like he was... Crying?

And the last thing I said to him. I wish I could change it. But I can't.

Because what I said was.

"I can't"

_______________

I know. Im Horrible.

Reason one) the ending.

Reason two) it's short.

Reason three) Megan and Louis aren't in the chapter.

But I knew the people who commented on the last chapter ! Don't any of my other 63 readers want me to update!

I want 3 comments again!

I love all my 66 readers ;) :*

*MadisonIlyCoppola*