Chapter 7

Chapter 7-Day 3

Lizzie stood straight before a crowd of Vampires and Werewolves, while biting down her nerves. She pulled on her dress, glad to have chosen what she had. It was bright red and strapless; plus, the skirt cut short in the front and was long in the back. Matt stood beside her, his fingers entwined. He wore a red button-up shirt and black slacks. They both had silver crowns, resting on their neatly combed hair.

Ava and Lucas stood on the other-side of the stage, staying on high-alert for any danger. Ava shifted, making her golden dress dance around her. It had a long sleeve for her left arm, while it was strapless on the right. The dress flowed to a little pass her knees, making it easier to move. Lucas on the other-hand, had a silver shirt and gray slacks; plus, they too had crowns.

Jace Legend stood in middle with four pedestals around him, holding crowns. They sparkled with gold and different gems. Rubies for the Vampires and emeralds for the Werewolves. “Thank you all for coming to this wonderful occasion. It has been too long since the Werewolves have had leaders and its time for the Vampire world to change; so I'm proud to present the your Kings and Queens! King Lucas Monroe of the Werewolves!” Lucas squeezed his twin's hand before taking a couple steps and kneeling. Jace replaced the silver crown for the gold one. “Queen Ava Monroe of the Werewolves.” Ava copied Lucas, kneeling beside him. Jace pulled the silver one carefully from her hair; then he placed the gold one on her brown hair.

Jace signaled to the Werewolves to stand and they returned to their places, Ava standing a little in front of Lucas. Jace spun a little to face the Vampires, smiling at his leaders. “King Matthew Bond of the Vampires,” he announced and Matt flashed over before kneeling. With grace and pride, Jace replaced the crown on Matt's head for the one with rubies. Matt remained there, still as stone, as Jace cheered, “Queen Elizabeth Bond of the Vampires!” Lizzie took her time walking to Matt's side, where she knelt and Jace took the silver crown off her head. Jace put the gold crown on her head and fixed her hair around it. Matt and Lizzie rose and returned to their spots before Jace announced, “Please welcome your new Queens and Kings!”