Chapter 10

Chapter 10-Day 4

“We think that we found them,” Ava told as she rushed into Lizzie and Matt's apartment, which they had decided to stay in instead of the palace.

“Really?” Lizzie cheered as she sat up too quick, making her groan.

Matt flashed back over and made her lay back down on the couch. He kissed her cheek quickly before putting a hand on her very rounded stomach, which looked like she was about seven months pregnant. “Calm down,” he whispered to her before he glanced at Ava. “Ava, please have a seat.”

Ava slipped into one of the chairs, eying Lizzie oddly before she continued, “Darien, Antonio, and Lucas are going to go there tonight and they were hoping that you would help them, Matt.”

“I can't leave Lizzie,” he said as he rubbed his wife's hand.

“I'll take care of Lizzie,” Ava told as she stared at Matt.

“But the baby gets thirsty often...” Matt mumbled, avoiding Ava's look.

“Vampires don't have babies...” Ava retorted as she glanced at Lizzie's stomach. 'Or do they?' she thought sadly.

“It's never happen before, but Jace Legend says she is having one; so I can't leave her,” he explained as he glared at the Werewolf.

“I can take care of Lizzie...Matt, the boys need you,” Ava countered as she got up, ready for a stare down.

“But...” Matt started as he glanced at Lizzie worried.

“Matt, Ava can help just fine. It's not like I'm gonna to have it tonight. We still have about five days,” laughed Lizzie with a small smile. “Matt go help the boys... we have to find my sister...”

“Okay for you, honey. Ava, what time are they leaving?” he asked as he sat on the floor beside Lizzie.

“Three hours...I can come back near time,” Ava commented as she moved toward the door.

“Yes please,” Lizzie replied and Ava hurried out with many questions filling her mind.