Chapter 12

Chapter 12-Day 4

“Well Ava, I can tell that you have a lot of questions for me; so ask,” laughed Lizzie, when Matt finally left. She pulled the blanket a little higher as she leaned back on a mountain of pillows.

“How long have you known Matt? When did you possibly become pregnant? Was it before you were changed? If not, how is this possible? When did you figure it out? When is it due?” Ava blurted, but Lizzie easily kept up with a huge smile.

“Okay, I met Matt the day after I changed two years ago; so I wasn't human when this happened.” Ava nodded and Lizzie slowly continued, “I'm not sure how this is possible. It's like when I changed Matt into a royal; that wasn't supposed to happen. I'm really different, a thing of legends you could say.” Lizzie laughed to herself quickly, enjoying Ava's curious looks. “When we got back, the man named Jace Legend told me about it and said it would take nine days...not nine months like usual. It's supposed to come in five days; so you can see why Matt was soooo reluctant to leave me.”

“I see,” Ava muttered as she played with the diamond ring on her hand.

“Ava...when did Tony propose?” Lizzie inquired, looking at the beautiful ring.

“After I became queen,” Ava answered, too wrapped up in admiring her ring.

“When are you getting married?” Lizzie questioned as she pushed herself up on her elbow.

“I don't know. We haven't planned anything. I hope soon, cause I don't have eternally with him,” Ava replied sadly, while a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Living forever comes with it's disadvantages,” groaned Lizzie as she pushed herself to standing. She began to shuffle to the kitchen with one hand on her stomach.

“Elizabeth Hutch Bond, you're supposed to be resting,” Ava told as she got in Lizzie's way; then she helped Lizzie back to the couch. “What were you trying to get?” Lizzie's fangs sprouted, her eyes flashed red, and she tried to bite Ava quickly. “Oh!” Ava jumped back before rushing into the kitchen. She grabbed several bottles and brought them back to Lizzie. “Drink up, your majesty,” laughed Ava as Lizzie drank the bottle quickly dry.