Chapter 19

Chapter 19-Day 8

“Lizzie! Matt! We found her! We found her!” howled Ava as she burst into their apartment. She slid to a halt in front of the couch, where Lizzie was gulping down bottle after bottle of blood. Two Vampires stood nearby, ready to fetch more blood if needed. “Are you okay?” she asked worried as she step back, knocking into Matt. “O! Sorry!”

“No problem, Queen Monroe,” Matt said, making Ava giggle. “Lizzie is fine. The baby is just been extremely hungry; so Lizzie must almost continuously feed.” Matt stepped around Ava, taking her arm and guiding her to a chair. “You said that they found her?”

“Yes! The pack leaders found her. I came to get you, Matt. Lucas and Darien are headed there now,” Ava told as she glanced at Lizzie.

“I'm coming too,” Lizzie declared as she swung her legs off the couch and her blanket slipped, exposing her huge stomach. She tried to push herself up, but she couldn't. “Matt help me,” sighed Lizzie as she held out her hand.

“Lizzie honey, I think you should stay here.” He grabbed her hand and kissed it before continuing, “You need to think of what's best for the baby. I'll bring your sister to you as soon as possible, I promise my dear.” He kissed her forehead before looking at the two Vampires and commanding, “Maria and Anna, you are to stay here and take care of the queen.” They nodded; so Matthew turned to Ava and said, “Lead on.”