Chapter 13

Chapter 13-Day 4

“What do you mean they left?” snapped Darien Beast as his eyes turned pure black. He stomped around, knocking over trays of tubes and vials.

“Beast stop that,” Lucas ordered, watching the angry Werewolf carefully. “We didn't make you pack leader, so you could destroy evidence; so get your butt over here and help search.”

Darien hurried over and started through a pile of documents. “How could they have known we were coming?” Antonio asked as he pulled out desk drawers, dumping the contents on the ground.

“A leak? Antonio, you should know your brother better than anyone,” Matt commented as he sniffed the air. “We're not alone. I smell blood.” His eyes flashed red and his fangs appeared.

“Of course you do! You are with an Angel and two Werewolves, which all have blood, stupid,” Antonio replied, not looking up from the drawer that he was going through.

“No, I mean blood that I haven't smelled before. By the way, you guys smell horrible,” Matt answered as he flashed over to a door. He pulled it open to find an empty bathroom; but as he looked closer, he noticed something move. “Reveal yourself and you won't be harmed.”

A girl, no more than seventeen, appeared from beside the wall. She had reflected like water, making her almost invisible; but now that he could see her, he noticed she was very beautiful and resembled Lizzie with her blond hair, but her eyes were a rich mud brown. “You promise?” she asked with a voice as soothing as a calm stream.

“Yes darling. Do you perhaps know a Lizzie Hutch?” Matt inquired as he took a couple steps back, giving her room.

“My cousin, but I still don't see why Riley would take Luna. Like Luna was the princess herself,” the girl answered calmly as she closed the toilet lid and sat on it. All her movements flowed together without effort.

“You know Riley?” he repeated slowly and she looked at him strangely.

“Of course. He is the one who told me to spy on you and my cousin; which by the way makes a ton better Vampire than she ever did as a human,” laughed the girl, her voice brightening up the room.