Heartbroken

I stood there stunned for half a second before running into the house and slamming the door behind me. Like a fool, I told Nathan how I felt about him, and (as usual) he just didn't feel the same.

I ran up to my room, tears still streaming down my face. This is not the first time I have been friend-zoned. I sank to the floor, my head in my hands, and cried for God knows how long.

My sob session was interrupted by a knock on my door. Great. I couldn't even cry in peace! I thought to my self before screaming "WHAT?" through the door.

There was silence before I heard Nathan's mother's voice through the door. "Jeez, Alice! I was only coming to let you know Nathan is on the phone for you! No need to bite my head off!"  I sighed and opened my door.

"Sorry. I'm just going through a lot now. Can you tell him I can't talk?" I told her, hoping it didn't show that I was crying.

She looked at me with wide eyes. "Sure, darling. I will be back though. You look like you need someone to talk to."

She walked out of the room. I slumped back down onto the floor, thinking. Did Nathan change his mind? I didn't even entertain the thought.

Just then, Karen knocks at the door. I sighed and said "Come in!" She comes in and sits on the floor next to me. "Ok, it is kind of obvious from your red eyes and Nathan's shortness on the phone that something is wrong. Spill. You might feel better."

I sat in silence before saying "What did he tell you?" Karen looked at me and said "Not much. Just that he needed to talk to you."

Of course he did. "Well, I guess I can tell you. Last night we went to a party at Jay's. We were completely trashed. We ended up having sex. When he brought me back, before going to the studio, he told me that he only thought of me as a friend." I started crying again. Karen rubbed my back as I cried.

"Shhh. If I know my son, and I like to think that I do, he will come around. I mean, you are an amazing girl. And Nathan is obviously happy around you. I just don't think he has realized his feelings for you." I looked at her, wide eyed and hopeful. "Really?" I asked. "Really. Now come downstairs. I will fix you a cuppa."

Hoping she was right, I walked downstairs with Karen and sat at the table, waiting for my tea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Author's Note: THE WRITER'S BLOCK IS GONE!! Sorry it has been forever since i updated. i went to disney for a week and then got major writers block! i hope you like this chapter! you know what to do if you enjoy it :)

-Amber