8

Erica POV

No no no what did I just do. I touched my lips and started to panic, why would I do that? Why didn't I control how I was feeling? She's going to hate me.

"I'm so so--" I was interrupted when her soft lips smashed into mine, not taking a minute to think I immediately kissed back. I pulled her closer to me by her neck not wanting the kiss to end. She softly pushed me on to my back when the kiss started to get heated.

"Mmm E... baby...we got to...stop" she mumbled in between kisses. But instead, I just pulled her closer and I did not want to stop. I didn't want her lips away from mine.

"Why" I quietly mumbled quietly. Feeling her pull away I whined pulling her back to me I needed to feel her. I flipped us over to where she was under me and reconnected our lips.

"No no... Erica, you know why." She pushed me off and sat up. I immediately felt cold from where she once was. I looked up at her and it seemed like she was contemplating her next words. "We can't do this Erica. We're not supposed to be doing this" The feeling of rejection washed over me. I couldn't help but feel a certain way. Why would she kiss me back if she didn't feel a certain way about me too?

"Why not Cynthia, why can't you accept that you like me? Am I not good enough? What is it cause at this moment I feel as though you are playing with my feelings? So, tell me why?" At this point I was sitting up to. I felt the tears starting to well up in my eyes, but I refused to let them go.

"Erica are you serious you're with someone and I'm not about to become your side hoe."

"OMG Cyn that is nothing serious and they know that. 24/7 you are on my mind, and you made it seem like you didn't want me that we were friends and nothing more. So, of course, I was going to try to do something to get my mind off you.  

"Whatever Erica how would I that you have feelings for me if you don't say anything. I'm not going to read your mind so don't go and blame me for you going and getting with someone."

"Cynthia what don't you understand I want you and only you." What couldn't she see was that I didn't want or need anybody besides her. For goodness' sake I'm in love with this woman.

"And what's so great about me Erica?"

"Everything, even the little things like how you put your hair behind your ear when you're nervous like now. How you would drop everything for the kids even if it was a little scratch. When you blush, you turn you head to the side so no one will see, how if you don't like something you'll say it and not care how anybody feels. And so much more please just give me a chance?" At this point I was pleading for her to just give me a chance.

"Erica look at me if I do this, I need you to promise me that you'll never take advantage of me because I can't go through that again. Just please don't hurt me." She looked at me like she was looking into my soul. All the hurt and pain she went through flashed before her eyes.

"Cyn I can't promise that I will never hurt you, but I do promise that I'll never take advantage of you and that I will never intentionally hurt you. And most of all I promise to treat you like the queen you are and to spoil you in every which way."

"Does that include chipotle" she said with a cute little pout on her face.

"Everyday. Princess can I finally call you mine." She leans down, kisses me gently and whispered in my ear.

"I'll be yours love." She pulled me into her and laid down. I kissed her lips, but before it went well, she pulled back, I threw a tantrum while she laughed. "Lol. Babe, I need you to do something for me." The way she said it I knew she was serious I tried to sit up, but she pulled me back.

"Anything what's wrong." I was worried I would do any and everything for her.

"I need you to tell me what went on in your life when I disappeared like the stab wound on your hip that you tried to hide." I looked away from her as much as I didn't want to do it, I will cause she did it for me. 

"Ok um are you ready." She sat up and pulled me closer on her lap and nodded. "After you left so many things went wrong you remember my boyfriend Trevor at the time." she nodded her head "he was shot killed a month after you left that was the time, I needed you. Mami was working so much, she doesn't think she noticed that I started to go through depression. After a while, our relationship started to get rocky. At one point she kicked me out because I slapped her after she hit me but a week later, she let me back in and we had a heart to heart. Two years later I met Syncere's dad Raul and that's when a lot had changed. He was so sweet when we met, he treated me like a queen but after I got pregnant that's when he changed it was like I met the devil but worse. He started staying out later coming home drunk smelling like cheap perfume that's when the mental abuse started. I would be told I'm worthless or a hoe because I wouldn't have sex with him. It had gotten to the point where he started doing drugs like liquor wasn't enough at this point, I was at ahigh-risk pregnancy I was supposed to be on bed rest, but he started to beat me for not cooking and cleaning. I was with him for two years and to think of it he wasn't even there for her birth. When I left, he had just beaten me till I was swollen in the face, my ribs were broken, I could barely walk but what was worse our baby girl at the age of one had to watch her mommy get beat. When I accidentally broke a plate, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and all she could do was crawl up and hold my leg, In her mind she was trying to comfort me but protect me at the same time. That broke my heart but for him to have her watch I just had to leave it was no longer a choice it was now a priority. Till this day if I cry, she'll come in my room and hold me as if she's a shield. After I had gone back to living with my mom last year, I had gotten back on my feet, my bruises healed, and I was able to go back to work. I had unknowingly got in a relationship with a married man and what made it bade I found out he was married from the media. Since then, I stayed to myself I didn't trust know one till a year later and my beautiful long lost best friend showed up at my doorstep with my two kids." I look up at her and smile through my tears to see her doing the same.

"I'm sorry you went through that baby; I promise to never do you like that"

"I know baby, but what I can say I is that I do thank Raul not only because I got my little syn but because I got my career because of him so I'm happy I went through it all." I sat up, wiped her tears, and pecked her lips. For the rest of the night, we made out till we fell asleep.