17

"What the fuck you mean you can't tell me when she can go home."

"I'm sorry but I can't disclose that information with you."

"Well get me someone who can."

Storming back into the room Cyn sat down on the chair next to Erica's. Sitting back all she could think about how this was her fault, and she should never have come to New York. That she should have just run away when it first happened. But then she wouldn't have her kids and probably would have never met Erica. Rubbing her hands down her face she looked over at the girl sleeping peacefully on the bed. Stroking her check, she couldn't help but peck her lips. Cynthia grabs her things to leave, walking to the door she stopped when heated mumbling.

"What?"

"Don't go stay with me" she scooted over and patted the opened space.

Sitting her stuff back down she slipped off her shoes. Climbing into the small hospital Cyn wrapped her hands around Erica's waist pulling her close but careful not to hurt her.

"Erica..."

"Yes." she muttered out.

"Can you tell me how old you are and how old am I? And what year is it?"

"I'm 20 your 19 bout to be 20 in a couple of months. It's 2017. What's this about babe I'm sleepy?"

"Nothing just get some sleep." Kissing her head the younger girl snuggled into her neck welcoming sleep in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cyn Cyn CYNTHIA!!!" Jumping up I fell off the bed.

"Ouch. Erica, what's going on why are you yelling." She stood up with one hand on her head and another on her butt with a slight pout. Hearing Erica stifle a laugh she looked up and mean mugged her.

"Sorry but why were you in my bed not that I mind but where is mami." Looking slightly confused she looked around the room in search of her mother.

"Um E, baby your mom left to watch the kids around last night you don't remember?" Sitting on the edge of the hospital bed Cynthia looked at her wondering if this was all a game. That she actually did remember their family like she did last night.

"No. I remember falling asleep after you went out the room with um your kids I think." Once that was said the younger Latina felt the pang of her heart hitting the floor.

"Ooh. Um. Do you remember anything you said to me last night." Silently pleading searching for any hope in the older girls' eyes Cyn just needed hope that this woman remembers her kids

"No. What's this about?"

"Can you tell me how old you are and how old am I? And what year is it? Please I really need to know this I will explain everything after." Closing her eyes Cyn held her breath hoping for the same answer she got the yesterday.

"I'm 17 and you just turned 16 it's 2013. Now what's going on?" She looked at Cyn confused all the while she was trying to keep her tears in.

"Ok, um. I'll be back, I'm going to go um talk to the doctor. Then um I'll, ill um call your mom yea. So yea I'll be back."

Walking out of the room grabbing her things leaving a confused Erica to herself. While walking to the front desk all Cyn could think was how that was possible. How can she remember one thing last night and go back to remember one thing this morning?