chapter 3

" So where did you move from Seth?" I asked

" New Hampshire. My Aunt died so I had to move out here to help out our family."

" Oh. I'm so sorry. Hey, are you moving into the house on escapade?"

" Um yeah, why?"

" I live a few houses down from you. I saw the moving trucks so I just figured... Maybe it was you."

" Yeah is your house the one with the little blue bike always in the yard?"

" Yep, that's it. My little brother Trent doesn't like to put his things away."

" Yeah I noticed," he laughed. " I've seen him riding his bike around. He looks alot like you. He's a cute kid."

Wait. He just said my brother looks like me and then called him cute. Does that mean he thinks I'm cute? Then a voice in my head piped up, 'No myah, you said you weren't going to waste your time trying to get him to like you. Even if he is the most gorgeous boy in the world.' But maybe he isn't like all of the other jerks, maybe he's different. He is going through a hard time right now with his aunt dieing and everything, so who am I to judge someone I barely know?

" Thanks. He is a pain, but he is really sweet. Do you have any siblings?"

" Nope i'm an only child."

" Oh, that stinks. At least it would for me. Do you like being an only child?"

" Sometimes I wish I had siblings, but the privacy is nice too."

" Well you can borrow Trent any time you want. He has always wanted a big brother."

" Oh, I will be sure to do that." He laughed

As we were talking, the bell rang for second period.

" Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We are going over chapter four."

" Okay, Thanks."

I walked out of the classroom and Megan ran up to me.

" I saw you two talking," she squealed. " Please tell me that you didn't talk about boring science!"

" No we didn't talk about science. We talked about... well we talked about alot of things actually. it turns out that he is moving into a house right down the street from me."

" OMG! Really? That is perfect! Ya'll are totally meant for eachother!!!"

" Megan just because he is moving into a house close to mine doesn't mean we were meant for each other!"

" Whatever you say. But you two are totally going to start dating!"

" Ugh Megan, I thought you were the one who likes him?"

" I do like him but it's obvious that he is meant for you," she said cockily.

" You are way too stubborn. Lets just go to class before we are late."

" Yep, I always win these conversations," she stated triumphantly.

We walked into reading and took our usual seats in the back. As it turns out, Megan was right. Seth was in this class too. He walked in and smiled at me as he took the empty seat beside me.

" Hey Myah. I'm glad that you are in this class too because you are pretty much the only person that I know so far." He said.

" Well this is my best friend Megan," I motioned to Megan, " Now you know two people."

" Hi Megan, I'm Seth." Seth greeted her.

" Hey I'm Megan, Obviously."

As the bell rang Ms. Green said, "Everyone please take your seats and get out yesterdays homework."

After we graded our homework we watched a boring movie.

" Hey Myah," Seth whispered, "I'm not really understanding what we are doing in science. Maybe you could tutor me?"

" Uh, yeah, sure. But I can't on monday, tuesdays and wednsedays because I am in dance, but I can any other day."

" Okay cool. Here's my number," He handed me a folded piece of paper.

" Thanks, here's mine. just call when you want me to tutor." I wrote down my number aqnd handed it to him.

As i handed him my number i glanced over at Megan as she wiggled her eyebrows at me in a knowing way. Obviously thinking she was totally right. I just rolled my eyes at her.

Then the bell rang and it was time for math, my worst of all subjects. As i was walking to math, Seth caught up with me.

" Hey what class do you have next?"

" Math, Ugh I'm probably failing." I sighed.

"I have math too. Weird how we have so many classes together," he stated.

" Yeah it is weird, but i guess a good thing too since you know me now."

" Hey if you are having trouble in math Maybe I could tutor you. You will be my tutor and i will be yours."

"Really? Thanks! That would be great. I really do need the help."

" Sure no problem. We will have to set up a date. I, I, I mean like a day and a time to study..." He stammered.

"Yeah okay. I guess when I am tutoring you, you could tutor me."

" Ok great."

Well this day just keeps getting better and better. I thought to myself.