Chapter 09: Boyfriend?

Author's Note:

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG! I've been SOOO busy over the past month and half with college and Smosh Appreciation Week! I'm going to try to make a new schedule so you guys don't have to wait so friggin long on an update, but I'm not sure how well that will work out just yet. I'm working on it, though! :D For now, just sit tight and enjoy this quick Spring Break update :D

~Kayla :3
______________

"Are you sure Renee doesn't mind me coming over?" Ian asked me as we walked up to the front door of the house. "I feel like I'm intruding." I chuckled a little and shook my head.

"Stop saying that. You're not intruding. Besides, I'm the one that invited you."

"I know." Ian sighed. "I just hate that it's so short notice on your sister."

"Don't worry about it, man. She's been dying to meet you anyway. Maya talks about you all the time. She's even told her teacher about you." Ian furrowed his eyebrows.

"W-Wait... Really?"

"Yeah. It's so strange. She has never spoken so highly of someone that wasn't family. She really likes you." Ian smiled and joking ran a hand through his hair.

"I guess I'm just too... IRRESISTIBLE!" I let out a snorted laugh and fished my keys out of my pocket.

"Only in your dreams."

"Nah, just yours." I froze in place for a second at his words, but soon cleared my throat and unlocked the front door. Once Ian and I were inside, I closed it and locked it back as Ian and I both toed off our sneakers. I then heard Ian whisper a quiet: "Wow..." as he looked around the house. I chuckled a little.

"You like it?" I asked, taking off my jacket. He nodded.

"Yeah. It's really nice. I wish I had place like this." Ian replied, slipping his own jacket off of his shoulders and putting it on the nearby coat rack with mine.

"You will in time." Suddenly, we heard the small little sound of Maya's little feet running across the hard wood floors to get to the front door as soon as possible. When she finally made it, her eyes went wide and she completely ignored me. That's a first.

"IAN!" She exclaimed, running over to him and jumping into his arms. Ian laughed and picked her up, tickling her belly a little.

"Hey! There's my little princess!"

"Have you b-bee-been working on those magic words?" Maya asked. Ian nodded.

"Yupp. What were they, now? bippery bopery boo?" Maya gasped.

"IAN! HOW COULD YOU!?" Maya screeched. Ian looked over at me with a shocked face, but I couldn't say anything. I was laughing too hard. Ian had heard Maya screech before, but never so sudden. This was is probably why it caught him off guard.

"Just kidding, Maya!"

"Prove it by telling me the REAL magic words!"

"Bippity boppity boo!" My daughter sighed a breath of relief and wiped some fake sweat off of her forehead.

"That's a relief." I laughed at my daughter and held my hands out to her.