Chapter 27 [Part One]

“Hey, guys, I have a great idea,” I chimed, plastering on the most winsome smile I could conjure. “Let’s have a sleepover! All of us! Including you two.” I motioned to Chase, who was washing his chocolate-covered calloused hands under the sink faucet, and Ashley, who looked up from cuddling with Kigurl. Especially you, Ashley. “C’mon guys, it’ll be super duper fun!”

    “Erm, you okay, bro?” Lydia whispered. I blatantly ignored her, peering around at my friends, whose jolly faces had writhed with bewilderment and discomfort. Ronan stopped licking the chocolate off her fingers, and Kigurl raised an eyebrow at me.

    Ronan broke the awkward silence first. “Uh, Mumu? Don’t you think this too soon? I mean, we haven’t even pa—”

    “But it’ll make me feel a whole lot better, especially after the, you know…” I trailed off, my mind wandering back to a few hours ago, when I made out with Harry Pitt-Berger. But that was in the past now; my mind was set on Ashley Cohen at this moment, who should be acting lovey-dovey with me, not Kigurl. “Look, it’s a Friday night, none of have plans—” I deathly stared at anyone who tried to speak up; if they had plans, they’d have to cancel, because this was more important. “—and isn’t everyone in the slumber party mood?!” I said with much energy that my voice echoed throughout Lydia’s spacious home.

    A silence passed over my friends again as they gazed at one another, attempting to find a reason for my inexplicable cheery disposition. Ronan muttered under her breath, “She finally cracked,” which caused the two nearest to her, Chase and Lydia, to stifle a chuckle, but after one stony stare, they settled down.

    “Guys…don’t you wanna make me feel better?” I inquired happily.

    “OH, HELL NAH!” Chase started. “I don’t wanna look like some pedophile, sleeping next to snot-nosed teens!” At that moment I saw his beacon of a body bolt for the front door. But I was quicker. I rushed to the door just before him and blocked it, moments prior to his escape.

    “You’re not leaving,” I whispered darkly, locking the door.

    “YOU’VE…YOU’VE GONE PSYCHO!” he bellowed; I saw sheer horror wash over his perfectly-sculpted face just before he stalked back to the kitchen, with me trailing right behind him like a watchdog. “We’re all gonna die tonight.”

    “This sounds like fun! I've never been to a sleepover before." I peered at Ashley, who spoke up. "Hey, at least let us get our stuff,” he piped up, currently not holding Kigurl. Did that mean he was supportive of my idea? He wanted to have a sleepover with me? I smiled. I couldn’t refuse his pathetic face.

    “Okay!” Everyone sighed with relief. “But you’re going to have to come right back…or else.” I eyed Lydia’s extensive knife collection, which was sitting out in the open right beside the sink.

    “MY KNIVES ARE NOT TO BE TOUCHED BY COMMON HANDS!” Lydia scolded, but once again, I ignored her. “She really has cracked…” she then mumbled. This time, I presented her one of my death stares, but she looked unaffected. “I know voodoo, you know,” she whispered so only I could pick up her words, simultaneously crossing her arms against her chest. “I killed a girl.”

    I disregarded her, returning to looking back at my friends. “Go on!” I started. “You all have to be back by—” I peered at the nearest clock. “—eight…or else.” Everyone groaned, shifting away from what they were doing, mumbling about how I had lost it.

    Everything was working in my favor. Tonight, I was going to break up Kigurl and Ashley, and make the latter of the two all mine. I was going to be the one he cuddles with, feeds brownies to, and let’s feel his muscles. Me, not Kigurl. He was going to be only mine, even if it meant that I would have to exterminate Kigurl, as well as everyone else here. He will be all mine. He will be—