Chapter 21

After the hours of intensive, in-flight training, Jason was exhausted. His body was aching from use and even becoming feeble, but he didn't mind one bit. Kal had been patient with him and he'd learnt a lot. If it all meant that he'd be better equipped to help save Sierra, it was more than worth it.

When Kal called an end to it, Jason flopped down over some soft luggage in the corner of the plane cabin to recover.

"You really love her, don't you?"

Jason turned his head to look at Luc, who suddenly seemed awkward, then blushed and glanced away.

"My brother had a little crush on her when she first arrived," Adele informed Jason with an evil grin.

Luc shot her a glare but she simply carried on grinning with satisfaction. It was somewhat comical to watch.

"Hey, no hard feelings buddy," Jason replied with a congenial bump on Luc's arm. "Trust me, I totally get it," he added with a knowing wink.

Luc grinned sheepishly - evidence that Adele had been telling the truth.

"Kal, I think the computer has something..." Ken announced.

Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the kitsune. Kalko made his way over and Ken turned his laptop to provide a better view. Senka focused her ears on the conversation behind her while she continued to pilot Harriet skilfully, noting that they were only about an hour away from their general destination.

"There's a possible match to that sketch you threw together," Ken announced.

The keyboard made little clacking noises occasionally as he worked.

"Is this the place?" the kitsune asked.

"Yeah, that's it. That's exactly it," Kal announced with a note of triumph.

The sense of relief that floated around the cabin was almost tangible. Not a single person on board was unmoved by that declaration.

"I'm sending Harriet the GPS co-ordinates, Senka," Ken noted with a few more little clacks and taps.

She scrambled to receive them, then paused.

Ken, this can not be right," she mused despondently.

"Why not?" Ken replied.

"Because these co-ordinates are for somewhere in Antarctica," Senka shot back, new levels of frustration threatening to make her lose her cool.

"What?!? How is that possible when the cellular ping was definitely from Serbia?" Kalko asked as Ken tapped away at his keyboard.

"They've obviously found a way to corrupt the available data," Ken concluded. "They've hidden themselves."

A moment passed where no one spoke. How could they pull off a rescue if they had no idea where to go?

"Ken, zoom out on the satellite image and scroll around," Senka suggested.

Ken did as he was asked.

"What are we looking for?" he asked.

"Anything that could serve as a sort of landmark," Adele replied as she caught on to the feline's trail of thought. "If we can try to get GPS co-ordinates for something nearby, we might be able to spot the building from the sky," she concluded.

Senka nodded her agreement.

"That's a brilliant idea, ladies," Adam noted enthusiastically.

"Yes it is. Meantime I'm going to need some sort of intelligence on this building. Ken, do you think your brilliant computer back home can come up with some specs for me?" Kal asked.