two ; regrets

tysm for the reads and votes so far !!!

DARLENE

i have probably have rolled my eyes around a million times so far, but i cannot help it. so far, they have also leaned for a kiss about seventy times, only grossing me out just a bit more. and not only because the age gap, which is pretty large. i should already get used to this, my mom only wants to show off her new man, or toy boy, or whatever - she wants to let people know that she can work it like she was still a college girl in a frat party.

"darling, i'm not staying tonight, sorry but i have some business work to finish." luke groans, deleting space between him and my mother and i shoot him a glare.

"then we should give out the news," my mom peaks his lips quick and i lean back on my chair ready for more possible disappointments, "luke and i are engaged!" she raises her glass of wine and leans for another kiss of the mister who grins widely beside her. my eyes shoot open widely and my jaw drops.

"when? wait, how long have you seen each other already?"

"almost one month." she proudly states and my eyes feel like they are about to fall from their sockets. this insane, my mom is crazy.

"one month? and he is already going to become your husband? are you joking?" i bomb up with questions to both the blonde man in front of me and my mom beside him, "i suppose the wedding will be in years."

"actually, june. we haven't really decided the day but by june, summer weddings are stunning."

my throat suddenly dries and i reach for a glass of wine, not caring if i'm underage. i take a large sip, almost emptying it.

"darlene, i am in love with your mother." luke states and slam the glass over the table, carefully but with the intention of making a loud noise.

'i am in love with your mother' my ass. he is in love with her money, though he does look like he is the ceo of an important company.

"i-i'm done with dinner, going outside to meet kate." i lie and rush out of the dinning room. i slip on my black flats and slam the door, not paying attention to what my mother was saying.

i want to cry, or throw up, or both.

LUKE

darlene has been shooting glares through out the entire dinner, or at least the part she stayed. i know i have seen her somewhere, like in a bar or something. her brown wavy hair and green eyes where trying to recreate an image in my brain but nothing that made sense pops up.

"she didn't take it as bad," sabrina shrugs as scoops closer to my body, if that's even possible.

"sabrina, she didn't sound very convinced." i say and she peaks my cheek as i reach for a glass of wine.

"she'll have to get used to it," she reaches for my mouth again, placing her hands on my neck to depend the kiss, my hands traveling to her hips, "do you have to go? i know somethings we could do tonight." she says between kisses.

"sorry, babe, i have to go and fix something." i tell her pulling off from her pale body. but am i really going to fix something? i'm going to the lolita bar with michael.

i bring my wrist up to look at the time on my black leather watch, "and i have to leave now," i take a last sip from the glass and get up from the table.

sabrina groans as she follows me around to the door, where i slip my shoes on.

"you are coming tomorrow, huh?"

"i'll try," i tell her before she attaches her lips over mine one last time and i close the door carefully.

sabrina is the kind of woman i've never dated before, not to mention the age gap, but love has no age, or so they say. i met her on a business trip, her company trying to reach mine for some unknown reason and we went out. she has money, which is always a plus, but i'm not only with her for it. it's something special.

but her daughter is something else. i swear i have seen her before. that pale face with tiny freckles and rosy cheeks, and the hair, looking like it was curled in a particular way.

i drive over to the lolita bar, where i soon see the bright pink and blue lights of the old fashioned bar and michael leaning against the wall beside the door.

i park close to the entrance, stepping out of my black lacked car and fixing my dark tie.

"late again, did that bitch make you stay longer?" michael asks as he walks closer to me and i roll my eyes.

"sabrina is not a bitch."

"sabrina is a rich thirty-year-old bitch that you have to marry due to whatever your company's done this time," he says as we walk together inside the bar, "but let's enjoy our view now before we grow blind."

"i really like her," i tell him, "plus what's done it's done." i shrug and as soon as we take a seat on one of the couches two dances walk slowly up to us, swinging their hips around, but none of them compared to her.

"the show's about to start, don't tell me bullshit, i came here to see lolitas." michael smirks and we both glance over at the stage, where lights suddenly light it up and diet mountain dew starts playing over and over a few times while dancers walk on the stage, swinging their hips like the girls beside us do.

between blonde and tall dancers my eye catches her, with the tight clothes and half of her hair pinned up. and i swear i regret engaging her mother every time she bites her lip.

--

haven't read this through and i don't have time okay bc i just made my way to this bar just to get internet love me i suck